Author Topic: Deer season extended through 1/31, take 2 per day (Ithaca area)  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Hollywood

• 8 Pointer
  • # 99
Saw this on the news- go to DEC for details. Got to be tough to get permission down that way though- I think they primarily want to thin Cayuga Heights area.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: Deer season extended through 1/31, take 2 per day (Ithaca area)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:04:03 PM »
Got to be all in the city ; I got to agree with you no access , I'd be with you in a heart beat for sure ....

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2014, 07:47:30 PM »
 have a buddy that's been hunting it since the season opened the other day on the only small piece of public lands... he has been covered up with people and haven't seen a deer yet in the multiple sits now...not saying you wont be able to get a deer but it seems as if people are flocking to this area at a chance to get a late deer if they didn't harvest during regular season

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »
I worked in ithaca a few years ago, and still go back to hunt near there every fall. Lots of deer and some great bucks too, I remember driving home after work at night and seeing deer walking all over the town they are almost like pets, but they do open some state parks to hunting, which I am sure that the deer get pushed off easy with all the people going there
Take a Kid outside...

Offline Hollywood

• 8 Pointer
  • # 99
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »
This is what happens when the libs that live there vote to spend $600 per deer to trap & sterilize them instead of allowing bow hunters access to the affected areas. This was a few years back. Apparently, it doesn't work...  ;D

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2014, 03:39:22 AM »
This is what happens when the libs that live there vote to spend $600 per deer to trap & sterilize them instead of allowing bow hunters access to the affected areas. This was a few years back. Apparently, it doesn't work...  ;D
They sure do make you wonder some times  :-\   What they are thinking 

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:41:34 PM »
Cayuga heights was on the Nature channel PBS the other night about the deer population..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal