Author Topic: Who’s getting ready?  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Who’s getting ready?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 27, 2020, 06:06:29 PM »
Made 22 jars.....

"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #31 on: Aug 27, 2020, 06:11:38 PM »
Looks great Dom!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #32 on: Aug 28, 2020, 06:44:21 AM »
Thanks Frank..
I have been hunting mostly out of ground blinds the past couple of years.   I have 4 now.  I will set them all up and leave them till i score.  Still have one good ladder stand and my back just wont let me use my climber... :-\    My next project is to build elevated shooting shacks....
 But i still have time for canning......  ;D
Peach, strawberry, blueberry jams. Lots of relish , some hot peppers, pickled green tomatoes and getting ready for chillie sauce........
 Love this time of year........

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #33 on: Aug 28, 2020, 07:26:39 AM »
Love it! I hear ya on the back, matter of time for me.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #34 on: Aug 28, 2020, 08:25:20 AM »
I definitely hear ya on the back. I'm still on the mend and still got that nonstop pain.
Like you RD, this year due to back injury I got 2 more ground blinds in addition to what I had. Don't think I'll be ready to climb any trees till October sometime if at all this season. Definitely rather be in a tree, but it is what it is. I still see plenty of deer out of the blind.  I've got to hobble out and set 2 more of them, then I'm good. And since I'm in Unit M, I think I'm using the crossbow during archery this year.  Yea, yea, all the purists out there can hate! LOL. :P But I gotta do what I gotta do, I need meat in the freezer. Just not comfortable pulling the bow yet.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #35 on: Aug 28, 2020, 10:43:23 AM »
Wait till you young bucks get old .. . 8)

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #36 on: Aug 29, 2020, 05:06:45 AM »
Just carried half my new ladder stand 1 mile in and hoping bucky will carry the other half in for me,I'm placing it where the climber was cause i'm 63 and sometimes climbing down 1 mile in ,in the rain could be bad,also a new ladder stand on Freddy Krugers ridge will be going up this week,awesome camera shots of bucks there this week,I still can't find my black wildgame camera I looked in several spots this weekI know it's out there someplace,my spypoint came in yesterday ,I'll get it out this week..still shooting my bow and a new .22 diana model 48 pellet rifle in the yard.Getting back to my new two man stand or 1 man and my pack,raincoat,umbrella and what ever you need up there with you.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #37 on: Aug 29, 2020, 07:47:08 AM »
I definitely hear ya on the back. I'm still on the mend and still got that nonstop pain.
Like you RD, this year due to back injury I got 2 more ground blinds in addition to what I had. Don't think I'll be ready to climb any trees till October sometime if at all this season. Definitely rather be in a tree, but it is what it is. I still see plenty of deer out of the blind.  I've got to hobble out and set 2 more of them, then I'm good. And since I'm in Unit M, I think I'm using the crossbow during archery this year.  Yea, yea, all the purists out there can hate! LOL. :P But I gotta do what I gotta do, I need meat in the freezer. Just not comfortable pulling the bow yet.

Yes, you do gotta do what you gotta do, fortunately you being in unit M it’s a easy choice. For me being in Maine now and unit L before it’s a much harder one. You need to take the class for certification to use one period  then when you sign away on the doctors note which you had to do. you officially revoke your rights to ever use a compound again.

I took the class, i filled out the paperwork and then waited til my last day in rehab and I drew my bow it didn’t hurt and I ripped up the papers and never looked back thankfully.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #38 on: Aug 29, 2020, 07:47:38 AM »
Wait till you young bucks get old .. . 8)

Hey hey! Go Can something!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal