Author Topic: My son's trophy  (Read 2469 times)

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
My son's trophy
« on: Nov 25, 2006, 11:21:31 PM »
I have yet to see a deer in the gun season, but I brought my 14 year old son w/ me this weekend. I let him bring his .410 in the treestand w/ us. After missing a couple,he got his first squirell. he was so proud ! I have killed many deer in my time, but I'll tell you what. This was one of my happiest hunting days ever ! He sat still and tried to be quiet. He even passed a couple of shots that he thought was too far. I am one proud father and I think we have a new hunter that's hooked. I just thought I would share this..Good luck to all !!!!!

Offline hunter

• 6 Pointer
Re: My son's trophy
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2006, 08:00:08 AM »
Great job ,I love hearing about Dad's taking kids hunting . Keep it fun and you'll have a hunting buddy for life.
Let the little 8 Pt's grow up to be 10's    I Fish A Lot !!!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2006, 07:01:40 AM »
Sounds like you have raised a responsible young hunter. Congratulations millerman!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2006, 05:36:19 PM »
That reminds me of when I was 12 and shot my first buck lol, I was sitting on watch and my dad was driving to me, he was on top of the mountain, and after I came across the radio that I shot, it took him literally like 2 minutes to run off the mountain and get to me, I've never seen him so happy ;D
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline BSIM2145

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »
THERES NOTHING LIKE HUTNING WITH THE OL'MAN, OUR FIRST DEER TOGETHER WAS SOMETHING I'LL NEVER FORGET!

Offline irishjigger

• Spiked
  • Walk Me Out In The Mornin Dew ...
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2007, 08:34:44 PM »
Never forget my first anything with dad ! And I hope the same for my son ! He tags along evertwhere with me and its great .  :) :)
Official Wine Maker of Deer Run Hunting Camp! "IF YOU GET ONE , WE GET SOME!"

GUT DEER !

Offline arcgdj31

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »
when I was a kid we would chomp at the bit to go out to the cabin for the weekend to hunt. Now most of the young kids just like to play video games. Nice to hear a good story like that, Now you got a new hunting partner millerman your son.!!!

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2007, 10:37:57 PM »
Thanx alot for all the replies. My son Dan is very much into the computers and games ( 14 and he says he wants to be an electrical engineer) I say go for it !!! But he also loves to be in the outdoors. My 11yr old does too. I love having them around w/ me . I know people who could care aless. Not me. I will never forget Dan's squirell. He also caught hie first walleye thie year too. My other son Joe can't wait to get out hunting.
I encourage all members to get the young ones out there w/ them. It may take some patience, but it is worth it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal