Author Topic: Gone huntin'  (Read 6339 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Gone huntin'
« Reply #45 on: Feb 18, 2012, 07:11:37 AM »
Looking forward to the pics Hollywood. No pressure on you. ;D

Offline Hollywood

• 8 Pointer
  • # 99
« Reply #46 on: Feb 18, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Always great when a day lives up to the promise it holds in the morning! We hunted an area that had been brush-hogged pretty well about 4-5 years ago with thick stuff around that, the girls did awesome today, as usual. We had a couple times when 2 rabbits went out at the same time. They stayed with one then after we bagged the first would sort out the mess and bring the other back around. This is the first winter in the past 43 that I've not been icefishing... but it's been such a pleasure getting out with this group that it's been OK...though I may try the crappie bite early this week- the forecast looks bad for the shoreline later next week. I hope you all had fun outdoors today, whatever you were in pursuit of! They slide down the deadfall a little before I could take the pic, we stopped at 10 today...
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2012, 04:00:43 PM by Hollywood »

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #47 on: Feb 18, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »
Always great when a day lives up to the promise it holds in the morning! We hunted an area that had been brush-hogged pretty well about 4-5 years ago with thick stuff around that, the girls did awesome today, as usual. We had a couple times when 2 rabbits went out at the same time. They stayed with one then after we bagged the first would sort out the mess and bring the other back around. This is the first winter in the past 43 that I've not been icefishing... but it's been such a pleasure getting out with this group that it's been OK...though I may try the crappie bite early this week- the forecast looks bad for the shoreline later next week. I hope you all had fun outdoors today, whatever you were in pursuit of! They slide down the deadfall a little before I could take the pic, we stopped at 10 today...

Totally Sweet  ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #48 on: Feb 18, 2012, 04:58:38 PM »
   :o  holly shh  what a day you guys had  ;)  very nice congrads to you guys :)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #49 on: Feb 18, 2012, 06:04:58 PM »
Never had any days like that!! Wow!! Good dogs and friends....make for a memorable day!! Congrats!!

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #50 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »
Great Day!  My girl and I got out as well and got a few...   Luv the pics;  Keep them coming  8)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #51 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:55:45 PM »
Great day and great picture...   Congratulations...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #52 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »
good times hollywood... congrats  ;D

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #53 on: Feb 19, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »
Nice shooting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal