Author Topic: choke tubes and shotshells of choice?  (Read 1807 times)

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
choke tubes and shotshells of choice?
« on: Oct 05, 2006, 10:54:13 AM »
plane and simple...what do you like to shoot..and what do you love to shoot.

for me..i own a patternmaster choke tube...i prefer to run kent tungsten matrix when chasin' fowl. but my wallet does not...so most days i use kent faststeel  and winchester HV expert. all 3 1/2...number 3's are my shot size of choice.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: choke tubes and shotshells of choice?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:07:23 AM »
I have a New England Fire arms single shot 12 guage. I use a modified choke with #4 nitromags.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:07:50 AM »
plane and simple...what do you like to shoot..and what do you love to shoot.

for me..i own a patternmaster choke tube...i prefer to run kent tungsten matrix when chasin' fowl. but my wallet does not...so most days i use kent faststeel  and winchester HV expert. all 3 1/2...number 3's are my shot size of choice.

As we spoke in length yesterday Adam, I'm using the exact same ammo / equip. as you  ;)

I ordered the extended Patternmaster yesterday...I wish they'd hurry up and ship it  ;D .....not that hunting is open this weekend anyways  >:(
Adam

Offline Fish-Trap

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:55:32 AM »
Modified choke for geese, with 3.5inch  Kent faststeel bb's. For ducks, I use a full choke sometimes, but mainly I'll use a mod. with 3inch faststeel #2's or 4's. Depends on how far my shots are going to be.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal