Author Topic: Now I am getting exited.  (Read 8332 times)

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
Re: Now I am getting exited.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 02, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »
ok...i know many of you have already started to hunt ducks...but for me it begins this weekend...i am so stupidly excited its insane..my girlfriend told me i had to pay her $1 every time i mentioned duck opener..im up to a $34 tab...theres a ton of birds and i cant wait.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 02, 2006, 12:27:47 PM »
ok...i know many of you have already started to hunt ducks...but for me it begins this weekend...i am so stupidly excited its insane..my girlfriend told me i had to pay her $1 every time i mentioned duck opener..im up to a $34 tab...theres a ton of birds and i cant wait.

I was very concerned about the low numbers of birds we saw. My brother went 1 1/2 hours without firing a shot....on opener  :-[
Adam

Offline brian d

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Oct 02, 2006, 02:22:18 PM »
We ended our hunt early. We only hunted 2 days.
We had our limit of 16 ducks each by noon yesterday. Plus a total of 16 snows & blues and 12 canada's.
We were really dissapointed by the mallard duck nunbers that we saw.
Of the 48 ducks we had maybe a little better then half were mallards, the rest were a mix of gadwals, teals and a few spoonies.
Tons of buffalo heads, bluebills, and other divers around.
There was even a couple flocks of swans flying around.
Our numbers sound respectfull , but given the amount of unhunted area we had we really had to work hard and a lot of miles to get those birds.
Too boot those northern mallards were nowhere to be seem

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2006, 07:36:33 AM »
i think its too darn early for alot of the mallards..hmmm..it remains to be seen..there are birds everywhere around here...we went and sat out on our opening day lake and saw TONS of everything...remains to be seen..im still excited..

Offline Fish-Trap

• Spiked
« Reply #19 on: Oct 03, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »
Opening day of the regular waterfowl season starts on the Oct. 14th. God, I can't wait.Birds are all over my spots. Guys, I have a problem and the first step in getting help is admitting the problem.

I am addicted to Quack. I am a Quackhead. and I'm proud to say it!!

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2006, 12:29:51 PM »
your in good company..ill tell you what..im in michigan..so ill pound the hell out of the birds so they work down to indiana for you...i think that benifits us both.LOL..you guys are gonna get a good flight of teals..i mean that..they are everywhere here right now.

Offline Fish-Trap

• Spiked
« Reply #21 on: Oct 03, 2006, 01:07:43 PM »
Flockshot- Send them my way! I love them teal. We had a good early season. Thanks for the heads up. May the duck gods bless us both this year! What part of MI are you in?

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Oct 03, 2006, 01:15:39 PM »
northwestern suburbs of detroit....southeast michigan...theres gonna be a blood bath...the northern half of the state opened last weekend the ducks are streaming into the area now...so many teal its rediculous....theres alot of mallards too but no more then usual...lots of wierd ducks like gadwalls and such..some divers too already...i cant wait. do you guys have an early teal season or were you talking about goose? either way good for you. hopefully we get some good cold snaps like we did late last fall..im sure you guys banged them up in late november early december down there..we completly locked up with ice for a few days...alot of ducks left.

Offline Fish-Trap

• Spiked
« Reply #23 on: Oct 03, 2006, 01:35:03 PM »
We always have an early teal season that runs the same as early goose. This past season was Sept.1-16.Last year was great, but we froze earlier than normal. I didn't hunt a few of my late holes because of that.Gadwalls? I have only shot one of those.I haven't hunted divers that much,only see a few a year. Send em!haha. SE MI? I try to make it up to SW MI once or twice a year for a hunt, but havent made it the past 2. If you are ever down my way during season, drop a line, have a spare seat in the blind!

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Oct 06, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »
alright fellers...my day has come...tomorrow ducks will fall like rain and will stand victorious over their carcasses and proclaim my official entry into fall.

gawsh darn im excited..ill talk to you guys on wednesday. give'em hell if you make it out boys.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Oct 06, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »
alright fellers...my day has come...tomorrow ducks will fall like rain and will stand victorious over their carcasses and proclaim my official entry into fall.

gawsh darn im excited..ill talk to you guys on wednesday. give'em hell if you make it out boys.

No duck hunting this weekend for me  :-\ :'(

Stupid split season  >:(

Good luck Adam...Kill a few for me...I'll try and arrow a buck instead  ;D
Adam

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Oct 06, 2006, 02:05:46 PM »
LOL i  hate split season...ill try to knock something cool down for you. thanks guys...Spoon..i know youre gonna be out there..go get em.

Offline bear87

• Forked
« Reply #27 on: Oct 07, 2006, 05:54:34 AM »
Good luck flockshot. I still have three weeks to wait. bear

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Oct 11, 2006, 08:03:25 AM »
alrighty fellers..i got a  few..will post the pics when i get them..im to lazy to get a digital..so i have to wait untill i fill the camera.

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Oct 20, 2006, 07:13:12 PM »
  OK guys [ gals ] its a matter of hours and I'm slaying ducks , I bet I wont be able to sleep tonight.
   We went to a back wash at kinney swamps last sat. scouting and found hundreds of ducks , all varieties so I'm pretty excited.    I'll try to get some pics.
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal