Author Topic: saskatchewan  (Read 2606 times)

Offline pintowagon

• Spiked
saskatchewan
« on: Oct 10, 2005, 10:44:02 PM »
My friend just got back from Canada, ''Yep'' He got a lot of geese. I think he ended up with 230 snowgeese and about 64 ducks. For 4 people. And if you ask your self what the heck do you do with all the birds. He gives them to group of older people in town in Canada that makes sausage out of the meat...And eats the duck sausage over the winter...
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2005, 10:45:58 PM by pintowagon »

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: saskatchewan
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2005, 09:03:26 AM »
Where was it? Was it a guided hunt or not? Pass shooting flocks or was he decoying? Lots of questions I know, but I'm going to North Dakota for the sixth time next Saturday and we have not been gettin much over 40 birds in 7 days of hunting with 4 experienced hunters. The birds just don't come through there like they used to. We've been considering heading into canada, but aren't sure of the costs or land access etc.
Adam

Offline pintowagon

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2005, 08:47:38 PM »
He flew in to the town of Regina and drove to the north and stayed at a friends house bye the town of imperial. I hate to tell you this but there are alot of ducks that are still there, In Canada. we also had some friends that went to north Dakota and did bad. My friend, He don't like to hunt ducks but will shoot them when there are no geese. He said it is the most mallards that have seen out there in about five years. And he said they were still thick there on Saturday morning. He drove there and hunted one week. and flew back to Minnesota and is going to fly back there this sunday to hunt a nother week and then drive his truck back...Must be nice... He said the geese were slow in the mornings and did real good driving and sneaking in on ponds and jumping them, and then shooting them. They went and sneaked up on a pond last week and he said there were so many geese when they started to fly out. That the geese didn't even know they were there. The group ended up getting around 43 geese on the one pond jump..

Offline pintowagon

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2005, 10:50:46 PM »
My friends back in Canada and he said its still warm there..So that means no ducks or geese will be flying south for a while...

Offline pintowagon

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2005, 09:35:03 PM »
My Friend is now on his way back from Canada..He said the geese had just started to leave..And the last day there witch was on Thursday he shot 41 Mallards in there group...

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2005, 07:50:33 AM »
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear they may be heading south. We will have calm sunny days to hunt, but I'll bet that we can snag a few.
Adam

Offline pintowagon

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2005, 05:45:06 PM »
Good luck..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal