Author Topic: a high of 49 degrees??  (Read 2425 times)

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Forked
a high of 49 degrees??
« on: Oct 05, 2009, 10:10:37 AM »
well this up coming sunday we are to have a high of 49 degrees! awsome, awsome, awsome! birds will be moving as they already are anyways. gonna be killen em clean this weekend. well the one kid will hopefully. hahahaha too bad for me, this upcoming weekend is the youth weekend. thats a good thing though he is goin to be killin some birds, they should be making it a good weekend for all the kids to enjoy. i remember last time we had this early of low temps it was a youth weekend for me and we smacked the birds that weekend, that entire season was a good one!

Offline BBK

• 6 Pointer
Re: a high of 49 degrees??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
Cold weather can work both ways. It can
1. Push birds down to you.
or
2. Push your birds out and none come down.

halfrack33

« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2009, 03:29:49 PM »
i love that last week of duck season here in NY in early December. The place i hunt is all frozen over except for one setback that has a spring under it that stays open. The holes about 100ft by 25 feet and they pour right in there especially with some decoys out. Good luck, hope the boy gets some!

Offline nyspike

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »
Cold weather can work both ways. It can
1. Push birds down to you.
or
2. Push your birds out and none come down.
thats what happened here this past weekend.  tons of birds everywhere 2 weeks ago and then temps fell into the 40's for highs and 20's at night and opening morning was not as good as I hoped for.
nypike on IS and MFF

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2009, 11:22:35 PM »
our temps here have just dropped for our deer opener and already there are ducks like no other! i dont see the youth weekend bein a skunk weekend. i see plenty of birds droppin hard!

Offline fish_finder

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
Last night here it was -2C what ever that is in F, anyways our spot was frozen a bit this mornin except for one open hole, made for great shooting
It flies it dies

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal