Author Topic: Goose Hunts  (Read 21181 times)

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
Re: Goose Hunts
« Reply #30 on: Sep 20, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »
That last pic looks like you are huntin in your backyard  :D......good to see someone puttin some serious birds on the ground......now the only time i see them they are in the middle of apartment complexes or on peoples ponds or in parking lots in the middle of the city  ::)

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Forked
« Reply #31 on: Sep 20, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »
Halfrack-

i appreciate the help man, i couldnt figure it out if my life were ending on it. hahaha. but thanks though!

Stuck-on-seven-

that is a backyard actually, not mine but have had that spot locked for about 6 years now, doin wonderful on it many memories off of it!  this spot is actually "city" i suppose you can say. the ordinance in town 10 acres or more you can fire a firearm/projectile. this little spot provides duck goose frog giggin and some deer too, wish i owned it myself but the owners are absolutely awsome and i make sure to go out of my way in any need or form to help them out. me and the guys allowed had a great early season out there 6 times out 39 geese killed those werent the only 4 bands.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Sep 20, 2009, 09:40:36 PM »
those are the types of places the birds are this time of year.....they are smart but it looks like they werent expecting to get shot at in someones yard  :D......i gotta find a spot like that it looks to be a little honey hole for ya

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Sep 22, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »
taking a new approach tomorrow and hunting the river...only have 6 floaters but we'll put some shells on the shore to add to the spread, wish us luck.....will give reports tomorrow

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Forked
« Reply #34 on: Sep 22, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »
good luck to ya guys, hope ya get em! hey, sometimes less is more in a situation like that too. if you have any full bodies and the water is shallow enough id throw them out, just a couple actives with some centuries and lookers!

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #35 on: Sep 23, 2009, 04:29:37 AM »
well here we go headin out in a few minutes....hopefully we hammer em today....we do have a dozen full bodies so we will probably throw those out like you said...thanks for the good wishes, maybe i'll get a BAND!  ;D

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Sep 23, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »
5 this mornin!! Best day yet! no bands though....i will post pics and story later on tonight, pretty busy today

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #37 on: Sep 23, 2009, 12:14:03 PM »
5 this mornin!! Best day yet! no bands though....i will post pics and story later on tonight, pretty busy today

;D. I see how you are making me wait for pics now. Cant wait to see them Stuck.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Sep 23, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
Haha Drob givin ya a little taste of your own medicine  :D.....Ok so we were setup in the reeds this mornin on the river and saw about 1000 ducks....had a huge flock of teal land right in the spread along with sets of mallards all morning.....too bad it wasnt duck season  ::)......anyways the geese never came in, we saw about 5 flocks but no takers so we went with an aggressive approach......went and sat in a different blind for a bit and watched some birds go down on the other side of an island so 2 of my buddies went for a paddle with the canoe and see if they could get some shots while me and the other guy stayed in the blind......they get to the island and Bang! Bang! Bang!.....3 dead birds.....meanwhile 2 come flyin by us in the blind at about 100 mph i pull up and shoot and so does the other guy at the same time, we shoot the same bird :o.....that makes #4.....we get to the truck and go check a boat launch and see down river about 10 birds sittin on some rocks.....we paddle over to them and stop the canoe and wait....finally they fly up and go directly away from us.....except for one  ;D......i smoked him at about 20 yards 2 foot off the water....#5

First 4

#5, hes a pretty good bird i thought.....biggest of the day i might add  :-X ;D

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Sep 23, 2009, 09:16:52 PM »
Huntin cut corn field in the a.m. hopefully we get at least 5 more.....ehh i'll be happy with one  ;D

halfrack33

« Reply #40 on: Sep 23, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »
there you go, nice birds. That last ones a bigun, especially next to you  ;D jk. nice bird

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #41 on: Sep 23, 2009, 09:45:22 PM »
HAHA right......we got these in the same spot that you see em every day.....we probably did almost the same thing you did as far as floatin down and then blasting them.....now i know where the hotspots are for next year

Offline BBK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Sep 24, 2009, 08:18:58 AM »
I see you shot a giant. Congrats!

Our goose season opens on sat, we are hunting a sand bar on a local river. During duck season last weekend, we went for a walk down to this sand bar and saw around 200-250 giant canadas just chilling on the sand bar. Guess where I'll be a 5:00AM sat morning.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #43 on: Sep 24, 2009, 03:45:07 PM »
Man Stuck you have been busting the honkers this year. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Sep 24, 2009, 08:57:02 PM »
Thanks guys, hunted another green field today and got 3 more....lost one though he coasted down in the thick brush and we never found him......saved the corn field for the last day, tomorrow......hopefully we end the early season with a bang in the mornin.....one of the guys we hunt with bought a mojo goose that we are gonna try for the first time tomorrow......we had 4 goose magnets out today and once the wind picked up they looked awesome......saw about 300 birds today and i think the very first early phase of the migration is starting because we saw 2 huuuuge flocks in perfect v's that were really high up....most resident birds here dont fly in v's and they are usually in flocks of 10 or less.....anyways forgot the camera today but i will take some pics tomorrow and put em on tomorrow night.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal