Author Topic: Let's see your duck blinds  (Read 16283 times)

Offline Madpuppy

• 6 Pointer
  • SAPA SUMANITU TAKA
Re: Let's see your duck blinds
« Reply #15 on: Sep 16, 2009, 06:47:56 AM »
For the roof I think I would go with rolled roofing over plywood, it doesn't shine like metal and you can get it in what ever color your surroundings are. You're local lumberyard or home center should carry it.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

halfrack33

« Reply #16 on: Sep 16, 2009, 06:55:02 AM »
For the roof I think I would go with rolled roofing over plywood, it doesn't shine like metal and you can get it in what ever color your surroundings are. You're local lumberyard or home center should carry it.

I'de do that then get those grassy "tarps" to cover it to make it blend in even better from above where the ducks will see it.

Offline BBK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Sep 16, 2009, 08:55:41 AM »
I'de do that then get those grassy "tarps" to cover it to make it blend in even better from above where the ducks will see it.

I would have to agree. Might be a little cold with all the heat escaping through the roof but it would look better to the ducks.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #18 on: Sep 21, 2009, 09:48:23 AM »
Before......

After....

Now you see it....

Now you don't.....

Demo.....

halfrack33

« Reply #19 on: Sep 26, 2009, 05:59:41 PM »
here's a real duck blind  8)  the black mud will turn a dark brown by tomorrow and be perfect for the opener next weekend. all the mats fell off from last yr so i put new ones up and tied them to the fencing, covered it all in mud, and stuck branches all over. Ducks flying all over today so it should be money for next week...

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2009, 08:03:31 PM by halfrack33 »

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Sep 26, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »
Man that is a pretty sweet lookin blind......just let me know if ya need some company in that thing im available all week long and on most weekends in case you were wondering  ::)  :D

halfrack33

« Reply #21 on: Sep 26, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
we'll go down here, this blind is an hour north and not nearly as many ducks. blind looks awsome though

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Sep 26, 2009, 08:17:16 PM »
we'll go down here, this blind is an hour north and not nearly as many ducks. blind looks awsome though
sounds good to me.....i know a million different spots to hunt around here and im sure you know some too....i'll be booked the first day though because we are goin to that preserve.....you should go get the permit to hunt there so you can see what that place is like....you can get it right at the clifton park town hall, its free.

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
« Reply #23 on: Sep 29, 2009, 07:28:47 AM »
Might be better off jumping into the brush with some Max 4. Thats my duck blind.
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal