Author Topic: Heading Out Shortly  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Heading Out Shortly
« on: Jan 06, 2008, 03:30:20 AM »
Last Sunday of 2007 Canada season.  Friend is picking me up at 5:30, and may have two others along.  We're meeting one more guy in Seneca County (NY) to hunt a cornfield between the lakes on property of another friend.  I get to test out my GHG shells I got for Christmas, but not the Xtrema2 yet - still waiting on the damned barrel.  Hope to post pictures later.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Heading Out Shortly
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »
Bupkus.  I never even pulled the camera out of the bag. 

We easily saw over 1000 Canadas, and over 300 snows in less than 3 hours.  We got busted by a few birds, and plenty more just plain weren't interested.  Not a single bird cupped or put his feet down for us.  I'm sure it didn't help that there were a few guys skybusting a little ways south of us.  None of the birds we saw within over a half mile radius ever hit the ground, whether of their own intent, or after running into a string of shot. 

On the way home, closest birds on the ground were over 4 miles away.   >:(
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2008, 10:13:11 AM »
We hunted a field in Cayuga with somewhat similar results.  We were only able to convince 4 singles into the spread that stayed for the duration.  ;D

Saw plenty of birds, couldn't get any flocks to finish.  I have to work this Saturday so that is it for me for around here.  Leave for Delaware next Wednesday to hunt snows Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Then it's done until the 10 day March season.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »
Glad to hear someone knocked something down.  We passed a few other fields where people were set up on the way home, and I think they didn't do much of anything either.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal