Author Topic: Banded Goldeneyes (PIC)  (Read 4000 times)

Offline barleydog

• Spiked
Banded Goldeneyes (PIC)
« on: Sep 03, 2004, 11:38:39 AM »
Here's a photo of a couple goldeneyes I picked up on the 1st.  Both birds were taken with one shot and both were banded! :o   Kinda neat getting a double, but really neat was seeing that they were both banded birds. :-* ??? ;D  Didn't think  the feds spent a lot of time banding diver ducks, but here's proof they do!  I'll post the birds banding results, once I recieve the certificate from the feds.  Enjoy! Barleydog

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
Re: Banded Goldeneyes (PIC)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2004, 07:35:06 AM »
Very Nice!

Offline DeerHunterTommer

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2005, 08:27:29 PM »
thats cool gettin two ducks with one shot and it only adds to it that they were both banded.

Offline wackyduck

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:36:42 PM »
Here's a photo of a couple goldeneyes I picked up on the 1st.  Both birds were taken with one shot and both were banded! :o   Kinda neat getting a double, but really neat was seeing that they were both banded birds. :-* ??? ;D  Didn't think  the feds spent a lot of time banding diver ducks, but here's proof they do!  I'll post the birds banding results, once I recieve the certificate from the feds.  Enjoy! Barleydog

where did you get them at .i didnot have much luck with the whistlers this year....................

Offline barleydog

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2005, 01:09:34 PM »
Wakyduck,  Sorry I'm late!   They were shot in Interior Alaska.  I'm still awaiting the results from the feds???

Offline pintowagon

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2005, 10:39:58 PM »
A friend of mine in northern Minnesota was duck hunting and a flock of bluebills came in, and they got 4 out of the 9 ducks. and all 4 of the blue bills were banded...they was pretty cool. But makes you wander if they all were.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2005, 10:08:48 PM »
 Awsome birds man. ;D ;D ;)
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal