Author Topic: Animal Rights Activists Fight Maryland Bear Hunt  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
  • Whack 'em and stack 'em!
-Kevin Wilson

"Rabbit, rabbit...5 O'clock...It's comin' right for us!"  http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
Re: Animal Rights Activists Fight Maryland Bear Hunt
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2004, 02:22:51 PM »
No real surprise. They have done this with success for years. The Dove hunts come to mind right away.

Sad part is they get alot more involved in support of there issues than we do as hunters.

The main thing that needs to happen is hunters need to wake up and fight for what they want....that is to hunt.

This is exactly how anti's beat us....

Jon

Offline Dogman

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2004, 07:33:35 PM »
The anti's are at work here in Maine trying to ban bear hunting in almost all its forms.Thier tactics are pretty sleazy too.In one commercial they show a small bear in what looks like a park setting,mowed grass all around,feeding from food hung from a tree.Next they show a man's hand with a handgun in it rising from the corner of the screen just inches from the bear,the screen goes blank and you hear a bang.This is supposed to represent bear hunting and thats what they want people to believe.The truth is alot different from the fiction they peddle,but that never seems to prevent them from making a bogus case.I hope you guys in MD defeat these people as I hope we defeat them here.We can't afford to give them ground anywhere.

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2004, 08:22:54 AM »
BSJ is right, the only way to fight off the anti's is to mobilize outdoors people to fight them.  Unfortunately, outdoors people don't seem to get really motivated until it's too late. 
Their comin' right for us!

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
  • Whack 'em and stack 'em!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2004, 12:13:42 PM »
One way to fight them is to join an organization that has that as part of their mission.  Larger organizations are more readily able to put forward legal battles in court and also deal as lobbyists politically.
-Kevin Wilson

"Rabbit, rabbit...5 O'clock...It's comin' right for us!"  http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Offline Bear

• Nubbie
  • Killed this buck with my bare hands
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2004, 12:29:02 AM »
The best thing to do is to try to fight this before it comes into place. Here about it before and if you here any rumors research it. As you know its much easier to stop something like this than to change it.
Watch out for the Bear. I'm hunting YOU!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal