Author Topic: Ready to Hunt  (Read 4173 times)

Offline benny8

• Forked
Ready to Hunt
« on: Mar 16, 2020, 03:13:38 AM »
Don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm ready to turn off the news and social media and head to the cabin and nature. Up there I can do my business in the woods if need be. Now is the time I bet the city slickers were wishing they were outdoor literate. In Claremont, there is not a roll of TP to be found. For that matter the food shelves are bare as well. Us hunters and fisherman are sure one step(Giant) ahead of them when it comes to sustenance. I'm ready to go hunting!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Ready to Hunt
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2020, 04:42:19 AM »
I’ll come out of this overweight!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »
x2 on that.. turkey season can,t get here fast enough.. hopfully most will be scared to venture out still and i can hit some sweet spots for some big gobblers in peace. Until then still have plenty of venison,Haddock and pheasant in the freezer.

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2020, 09:21:34 PM »
x2 on that.. turkey season can,t get here fast enough.. hopfully most will be scared to venture out still and i can hit some sweet spots for some big gobblers in peace. Until then still have plenty of venison,Haddock and pheasant in the freezer.

If my freezer gets empty before this is over, I think turkey will be considered legal game... Wether the season is here yet or not...

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2020, 06:16:24 AM »
My next weeks groceries.. 8)

"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2020, 04:25:02 PM »
Trade you a flint knife for 1 back strap..

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
Trade you a flint knife for 1 back strap..

Any time buddy....
Wish I made it to the Johnstown outdoor show...
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2020, 05:19:27 PM by Raquettedacker »

Offline reeleyz

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2020, 06:01:04 PM »
I had 8 deer in the backyard this morning and I was thinking similar thoughts Dom.

My freezer is in great shape though.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »
Out behind work this morning.  Had to be 25 to 30 turkeys.  Lots of fans.

Offline reeleyz

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2020, 05:17:18 PM »
Just had 30 Turks in my backyard! 3 nice Toms.

The grocery store seems to be expanding. Walleyes should be running soon too. Surf and turf anyone?  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2020, 05:17:43 PM by reeleyz »

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:12:44 AM »
So My life has been largely uninterrupted by all this crap going on. Still working, Still finding peace and solitude in the woods or on the rivers.
I've got 2 Toms all scouted, 1 for me, 1 for my boy. I'm a little curious what might happen for Turkey season? Check in stations may not be open. I know I plan on taking my boy out youth weekend 25th-26th, this latest shutdown is until May 4th I think. So do we just shoot birds any way and just forget the check-in process?
I can tell you this,  birds are coming home with me either way. Have you ever heard of them cancelling hunting season....this is crazy.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:55:34 AM »
So My life has been largely uninterrupted by all this crap going on. Still working, Still finding peace and solitude in the woods or on the rivers.
I've got 2 Toms all scouted, 1 for me, 1 for my boy. I'm a little curious what might happen for Turkey season? Check in stations may not be open. I know I plan on taking my boy out youth weekend 25th-26th, this latest shutdown is until May 4th I think. So do we just shoot birds any way and just forget the check-in process?
I can tell you this,  birds are coming home with me either way. Have you ever heard of them cancelling hunting season....this is crazy.

Mine has had zero interruptions. In fact, it’s just gotten busier. I keep hearing all this “ day 21 at home yada yada”. I get it, I do. I also wouldn’t mind a day off. Haven’t had one since the shanty get together. Yeah my kids are home and the wife is now not working but I’m so busy at work now the money isn’t a issue anyhow.

I try to walk out back to the river each night and scout or listen for birds and take a few casts. I’d like to travel though outside of my property but an fortunate to be able to do it all at home.

Now is the time for NH to get with the times and start online registration be a great benefit for all, no better time.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2020, 01:02:48 PM »
Mine has had zero interruptions. In fact, it’s just gotten busier. I keep hearing all this “ day 21 at home yada yada”. I get it, I do. I also wouldn’t mind a day off. Haven’t had one since the shanty get together. Yeah my kids are home and the wife is now not working but I’m so busy at work now the money isn’t a issue anyhow.

I try to walk out back to the river each night and scout or listen for birds and take a few casts. I’d like to travel though outside of my property but an fortunate to be able to do it all at home.

Now is the time for NH to get with the times and start online registration be a great benefit for all, no better time.
Same here on all fronts. Work is PLENTY busy. I get home from work tired and want to relax, and the fam is bouncing around cause they haven't been anywhere...
And I am lucky also to have several hundred acres of untouched forest in my backyard. It's great, I haven't lost any time in the woods.
I agree with you on the online reg thing Frank. Great idea. Doesn't Maine already do this or were thinking of doing it at some point in the past too? It could work well, probably pretty easy.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2020, 02:53:15 PM »
Yes Maine began implementing it last year, however I still had to bring my deer and turkeys to a registration station. I as a hunter don’t have check in access yet but at least they got the ball rolling with no more paperwork and instant numbers. More than NH can say.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2020, 02:54:57 PM »
It’s a real pain in the balks for me when I shoot deer or birds in NH and haveto leave them in NH overnight and find a place for them because I can’t cross the border with it unregistered because the state won’t let other stores open tagging stations when the local one to me is never open. Litterally some of these deer were in the other state that same morning and just walked across the river lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal