Author Topic: Tick's  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Turkeyslayer

• 6 Pointer
Tick's
« on: Dec 02, 2012, 01:18:53 PM »
Skinned and quartered my deer today before the hot weather sets in.  As I was skinning it I couldn't help but notice all the ticks crawling all over it.  I stopped counting at 10.  I shot it right here on the mid coast on Thursday morning and it's been hanging in the tree since than.  I've never seen that.  I shot one last year 1/4 mile away with my bow at the end of October and didn't see a single tick on that one.  Thought it was just weird.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
Re: Tick's
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »
I didn't have many on mine I shot on November 6th, but I let it hang for 3 days in a pine tree.  It was covered with ticks from the hang!!  They are outrageous in the Mid Coast area!! Where are you in the Mid Coast area?

Offline Turkeyslayer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »
Spruce Head.  I let mine hang in between 2 pine trees where we made a meat pole.  They were all over our yard in the spring until our Guinea foul got out and started eating them.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:51:48 PM »
Spruce Head.  I let mine hang in between 2 pine trees where we made a meat pole.  They were all over our yard in the spring until our Guinea foul got out and started eating them.
So you are just down the road!!  :)

Offline Hell Fish

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:38:11 PM »
Couldn't help but notice a few on my bucks nuts as I was cutting them off but did not investigate further. Also midcoast area. I know six people personally who have gotten Lyme Disease in this state. A type of spirlochete bacteria spread by ticks is responsible. These burrow through flesh and are especially attracted to the fatty mylin that surrounds nervous tissue. That is why victims often suffer nerve damage, displaying symptoms such as facial droop, among other potentially chronic miseries. Now that's pretty god da*#ed scary to me, but everyone seems more concerned over sugary soft drinks than with out-of-control disease epidemics that lack an 'evil' corporation to point a finger at.
Well that's my monthly rant, thanks for enduring it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal