Author Topic: Your favorite Hunting Boots  (Read 12981 times)

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
Your favorite Hunting Boots
« on: Sep 27, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »
I am in the market for a new pair of boots and checking the prices on them now. :'(

I had a pair of Rocky Bear Claws a few years ago and just one day walking through prickers chewed them up bad,and now there retailing for $170. :o

I have been using just rubber boots the past couple years and been having good luck with them.There pretty cheap and you dont have to pay for all that expensive Thinsulate,just buy heavy hunting socks.

What have you guys been using these days for boots that are 100% waterproof?

Offline Mooter

• 6 Pointer
  • NICE RACK
Re: Your favorite Hunting Boots
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »
Cabelas Expedition Series w/ Scent Lok ;D

You should have seen the one I let get away.
PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/link.php?id=TW9vdGVy

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2007, 05:03:42 PM »
Cabelas Expedition Series w/ Scent Lok ;D

Scent lock is a scam,I thought everyone new that.If you hunt up wind from your prey you will be scented with or without all the expensive crap there trying to sell. ;)

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »
i'm with you on the scent lock deal. Lets see you go out hunting it rains where do you hang them? Some place in your house or camp maybe even above a woodstove they;ll smell weather you have the scent loc logo swen on your clothes or not

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2007, 04:47:04 AM »
I have been using a pair of the Lacrosse Alpha Burley boots (camo) for the past 4 years now and i love them.  They fit like a sneaker and are very comfortable.  I would suggest buying 1 size up if your going to wear thicker socks though. 

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2007, 06:40:53 AM »
I have 2 pair. One is a pair of barn boots, all rubber, from Tractor supply company. I use them in warm weather, swampy areas. The other are survivors from Wal-mart. They work excellent and keep my feet warm and dry.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline northwoodsaddict

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2007, 06:45:01 AM »
LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sports. They're like any other knee-high rubber boot, but they have a fairly aggressive, stiff tread and 1200 grams of thinsulate. I wear them all year round for anything i do outside except for bird hunting when i wear lightweight hiking boots. They're light enough to bring turkey hunting, but I wear them all winter ice fishing and my feet never get cold. Plus they help keep my scent down for deer hunting. I got my pair at LL Beans for like $120
IceShanty=brookiebomber477

Offline DeerReaver

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2007, 10:08:44 AM »
I have hunted with the same two pairs of Sorel boots, one mid-weight and one heavy-weight, for the past 7 and 10 years respectively.  I need to purchase new inserts for both of them (particularly because the heels have worn out in both pairs) but they still keep my toes toasty warm.  Other then replacing laces, they've weathered some nasty abuse and still work great for the price you pay.  I also have a super-warm part of Rocky Mountain [my coldest weather boots] and another lite-weight pair of Red Setter (christmas and birthday respectively).  If you're looking for a one-boot-fits-all-needs, I would recommend the mid-weigth Sorel...great price, long lasting, and warm enough for NY/PA winters!!

Offline Mooter

• 6 Pointer
  • NICE RACK
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2007, 11:36:17 AM »
Scent lock is a scam,I thought everyone new that.If you hunt up wind from your prey you will be scented with or without all the expensive crap there trying to sell. ;)

Anything to even suggest that I'm not going to smell my fee ewwwwwww

You should have seen the one I let get away.
PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/link.php?id=TW9vdGVy

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2007, 06:19:59 PM »
LaCrosse Alpha's the last 6 years, 1200gram thinsulate, they have kept me the warmest and I get cold quickly.  I wear them for everything including ice fishing.  This year I bought a pair of Rocky Whitetail Stalkers 1200gram thinsulate to try too.

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2007, 08:04:09 AM »
I went to Walmart yesterday to check out there Rubber Boots and seen a 1200 gram thinsulate for around $60.Not a bad deal but man they were they heavy,im not sure if liked that.I am a walker not a sitter and I definitely don't want to be dogged down wearing them. :-\

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »
go with lacross burlys. my dad and uncle have them and love them. stay away from "cheap" rubber boots. i had a pair off browings (im 99.9% sure they were made by the same company that made the cabalas rubber boots.) that had 2000 grams of thinsualte and they started ripping after 1 month of icefishing.
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
« Reply #12 on: Oct 01, 2007, 09:39:40 AM »
I have an old pair of La Crosse boots. I don't know the make of them, but they are the tall style with the removable liners. I've owned them for at least 8 years and wear them late season hunting, and during icefishing season. My feet NEVER get cold in them.
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

Offline ifishhi

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Oct 02, 2007, 07:01:10 AM »
i swear by the LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sports too  8)

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2007, 01:00:53 PM »
I just got the new scentlock dreamseason boots from dicks, and they are the best boots i've ever worn for hunting. They are lighter than a rubber boot, but they are made from neopreme so they wont crack like rubber boots in the cold, and they are still water proof. They are also lighter than a pair of sneakers. All in all I would say a 5 out of 5 with them. Also I got them for $150.
Iceshanty= AirManCam

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal