Hunting by Game/Technique > Bird Hunting

Hows your season going??????

(1/3) > >>

tundraboy:
Started last weekend with a cast and blast. The fishing was awesome lots of beautiful brook trout.

The hunting was not so good. It poured from the time we got to camp Saturday night untill we packed up and left Tuesday evening. Never saw a moose,deer or any wildlife the whole time we were there. My buddies dog did do a great job pointing a rabbit and one spruce grouse. No shots fired but still a great trip.
 Went out today for the first time in Southern Maine with my new dog. She did awesome. We started at one of the pheasant release sites, covered the whole area and I meen whole area. We never saw a pheasant. We saw one woodcock that she did not point and I dont think she ever saw it or smelled it. We left there and went to another woodcock cover that I love to hunt. We were not a hundred yards from the truck when she locked up pretty solid. She was creeping forward and I told my buddy to be ready. We took 2 steps in front of her and up goes a hen pheasant. There is not a release sight within 10 miles of this spot. We got that and continued on. We got into the woodcock after that and had a great time. total 3 woodcock and 1 hen pheasant. The guy that was with me just took up hunting last year and I think he is addicted now.

Squirrel:
wow that looks like a great time right there

drobertsinMaryland:
Looks like a great weekend. 8)

loonyone:
sounds like a lot of fun.  congrats to you...

peddler:
Pretty dog, good shooting

Peddler  8) 8) 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version