Author Topic: Archery Opener?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Nubbie
Archery Opener?
« on: Aug 29, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »
Who's going to brave the warm weather for the Archery opener?  Had plans to be on the jellystone bottom saturday morning looking for a doe to fill one of my B Tags till the better half informed me we'd be hanging out with the inlaws..  :o   Where's everyone planning for an opener?
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Offline OUTHNTN

• Spiked
Re: Archery Opener?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »
Headin' to the Bulls for a Bull ;)  To dang hot, but gotta try.  Just gonna pick my shot VERY carefully to shorten the track job and head straight to the walk-in to get it cool.  The elk still seem to be in their summer patterns, just hoping they still are come the opener!  Good huntin' - OH

Offline OUTHNTN

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
Weather seemed to change the elk patterns a bit.  Saw plenty, but no shots and none worth filling a tag this early.  Filled my antelope tag so that's out of the way. COME ON COOL WEATHER!! - Good Huntin' - OH

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2013, 12:43:40 PM »
Nice work on the Antelope, it's been feeling better and better every morning.  Feels more like hunting season every day.

Offline OUTHNTN

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »
Thanx TJet!  It was a doe, but I'd never shot a doe antelope with the bow before so I got one under my belt for the season and one more crossed off the bucket list.  Funny thing was about 10 minutes after I shot her, a small buck meandered by at only 45 yards.  It seems it's easier to decoy a buck into range than to shoot a doe under 60 yards so I shot her as she was only 30 yards away.  Very tasty I might add!  Going for elk again later next week. Glad to see the rain and the cooler weather.  Good huntin' - OH

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »
Just got back from 410 yesterday, Friday and Saturday were great.  Bulls were screaming and fighting all over the place.  Couldn't seal the deal on one, but had the biggest bull we've seen for a long time at 68 yards.  Great Weekend.

Offline OUTHNTN

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »
Tjet, I'm guessing you're not done yet!!  With the early hot weather, it's looking like October could be great.  My cousin hunts 410 every year, but hasn't scored yet either even though he's into 'em most every day.  He's holding out for a 350+ if he can find one closer than a mile away!  I've been hunting the Bull mtns, but haven't sealed the deal either.  Lots of bulls and some rather large ones, but the weather has them all screwed up.  One morning they talk till 10 and the next nothing at all.  Cow calls won't bring 'em in either, but that's not that unusual.  Going back later next week for 6 days.  We'll see! Good huntin' - OH

Anyone on here punch their elk tag?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal