Author Topic: North Country Rut status ??  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
North Country Rut status ??
« on: Nov 14, 2006, 09:00:31 AM »
Wondering if anyone has seen any rut activity up north in the Speculator area?  I saw a beautiful 8 pt a guy had killed up there about 8 days ago and his neck hadnt even begun to swell yet...Ive been hunting south with the bow and i usually head back up north when gun opens down there, just trying to see if its getting hot up there yet...thanks
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: North Country Rut status ??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2006, 09:39:24 AM »
I know of a 4pointer and a spike horn that were shot up there last weekend. People said they are seeing a lot more deer up there this year.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline mattmull10

• Fawn
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2006, 07:22:13 PM »
Rut is on full force out by the malone area.  My group got a 10 pointer friday,came out right behind a good sized doe.  Hunting was unbelivable up north this weekend I saw more deer than i had in a long time.  Unfortunetly i didn't see any that i was 100% sure had horns.  I'm positive I saw one buck but hate to shoot and be wrong  :o

Keep shooting straight
Matt

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2006, 10:33:56 AM »
went up all weekend and this morning and the rut is almost in full swing...lot of new scrapes and found a few rubs on trees about 6-7 inches wide...hopefully ill connect soon, times running out
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal