Author Topic: Favorite guns  (Read 23972 times)

Offline Blaze Orange

• Forked
Favorite guns
« on: Aug 24, 2004, 11:19:23 PM »
 ;D

just wondering what gun you wouldn't even think of getting rid of.

I have great success with my pump 270 winchester.

1st year ever hunting 1 doe on the last day, next year a spiker and last year a 5 by 6 buck. Man was i excited as I got the first shot of the first 15 minutes of the first day. Bang I ran over and the sight of that white tail got my heart racing. I have the bragging rights this year of the 8 regular hunters i go with as nobody else even got a buck. 1 guy got a small doe.   My dad erased the pics of the deer off his dig but took some of the rack to show all.

[/img]
[/img]

the sixth tine is just started above my hand but otherwise a nice practical buck.
never fails, when you need to take a leak you miss the big one.

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
  • Harvesting the Old Doe's is sound management !!
Re: Favorite guns
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2004, 07:45:22 AM »
BO,
Nice Rack  ;D ;D, serious though, looks pretty impressive.  would like to see a pic of the whole Deer if you can find one.  Congrats!!!

As for which gun I'd never think of getting rid of????????????????  ALL OF THEM ;D ;D  Well except my old Muzzle loader, but it still looks good in the collection 8)  I have this strange belief that one can never have to many firearms ::) ;D

Steve
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2004, 07:52:02 AM by USMC130FE »

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2004, 08:47:47 AM »
Not strange Steve...Normal (by my standards)

Here's one I'll have forever....My trusty squirrel machine.
RG

Offline redneck

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2004, 10:13:26 AM »
I have 2 guns I would never get rid of a winchester model 12 in 12 gauge. Was given to me by my grandpa and shot my first buck with it . The second is a model 70 winchester in .300 weatherby mag.
Redneck

Offline bobberstop

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2004, 12:26:40 PM »
This is my Squirrel killer. 17 shots fired 16 Squirrels ,head shot, this season and it opened on Aug 15th

Bobberstop

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2004, 02:22:48 PM »
Heres a favorite of mine

[/img] 

Well actually they all are  ;D ;D 8)

The Bottom one is "Murder Inc".  Already has a 270yd Chuck to its name  8)

Steve
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2004, 02:28:21 PM by USMC130FE »

Offline Blaze Orange

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2004, 07:53:40 AM »
Nice collection there steve.  I was I had half that many guns. All I got is a 22, my 270 and a 12 guage for ducks and geeese.  Speaking of that I cant wait to go for some nice northern greenheads.  Man is that ever fun.
never fails, when you need to take a leak you miss the big one.

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2004, 08:08:35 AM »
I took that pic yesterday after cleaning and wiping them down.  They are now locked in the gun closet and will be sitting idle until I return.  :-\  No Deer, Goose, Duck or Turkey hunting with them this year  :'(  Maybe I'll get to take the Bow out for an end of season Deer hunt in Westchester Co.

Good luck to EVERYONE this Fall

Steve

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2004, 08:28:29 AM »
i,m kind of parcial to my 30 30 marlin.

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2004, 01:35:52 PM »
My favorite gun has to be an Ithica Model 37 Featherlite 16-gauge shotgun with a 28" barrel that my father gave me when I started deer hunting (in Western NY you can only hunt with shotguns, pistols or blackpower guns).  My dad actually won the gun in a big buck contest before I was born.  He used it for a few years then gave it to my oldest brother when he started hunting.  When my brother gave up hunting my dad took the gun back and gave it to me when I started.  I've used that gun for deer, grouse, turkey, everything but waterfowl.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2004, 07:40:09 AM »
This one is a special favorite of mine. I inherited it from my Father-in-Law. He was an avid chuck hunter.

It's a 1950's vintage Sako Vixen in 223 with a Simmons Aetec 2.8-10x44mm. A fine old firearm that shoots ragged 1 hole groups at 200 yd. It's light and  easy to shoot with my 1.5lb trigger.

I do replace and upgrade my firearms every now and again (when I get the urge)...this one stays with me ;D I love this gun!

RG

Offline bobberstop

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2004, 12:36:30 PM »
Here are some pics of my Model 12 winchester. serial # 115108. It was bought new in 1915 by my grandad. Maybe R G can tell me what its worth but its not for sale.

Bobberstop

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2004, 05:25:11 PM »
Nice guns...pretty common though...price range from $195 @ 20% to $495 @ 100% depending on condition and who's buying.

Skeet models and smaller guages run $400 - $1500... again depending on condition.
RG

Offline killditrite

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2004, 05:07:21 AM »
i will have to get a pic together but my father has given me his guns and i have a couple of my own.my deergun is a 30-30 marlin hands down,i also have a couple other guns that are awesome but dont see any action otrher than a bi-annual cleaning.winchester 32 special that was actually my grandfathers.and a 300 savage that is probably the fastast shooting lever action i have shot.rotary magazine and a very short stroke make for a quick reload.probably my favorite gun (obviously not for hunting reasons)in my collection,but no longer belongs to me ,is an H&R 20 guage single shot shotgun my father bought me when i was 10 yrs old and a couple years back i was thrilled when my son turned 10 so i could give it to him!!there are a few others but they are nothing special!!

Offline Dihardfisher

• Nubbie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2004, 12:04:05 AM »
I like by Remington 870 Express Mag.  Good upland bird and goose gun, and I have a rifled slug barrel for deer hunting.    ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal