Author Topic: Whats the VT sign looking like?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline EarlySunrise

• Forked
Whats the VT sign looking like?
« on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »
Was out last weekend but only got out for Saturday. I'm headed up again this weekend for a full two days and looking to put on some miles. Saw a few does but not too much action as far as buck sign? Anyone else seeing much? I know there have been some good deer taken, but what are your thoughts on the rut? Passed already, late this year?

Was in full swing where I was in NH for Muzz Loader, but haven't seen too much in VT. Thoughts? Could just the land I'm on. THere was a lot of human activity through the summer and leading up to the fall so I don't know. I'm from NH so I get a lot of my scouting done for NH season, and just show up in VT.
Sometimes you've gotta burn the barn down, in order to see the moon again.

Offline halfrack23

• Forked
Re: Whats the VT sign looking like?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:54:47 AM »
well in this county i think half the pple here have killed a deer in 3 days losts of bucks being killed and the rut is dead in full swing
when the tailgate drops the bull s**t stops

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2012, 05:50:12 PM »
well in this county i think half the pple here have killed a deer in 3 days losts of bucks being killed and the rut is dead in full swing
Haven't seen much activity yet ; I say to early yet  ;) ;)

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »
The rut is a little past peak by a few days! Saw another big 8 today that was 200 plus that was still doing some cruising! Took my boy up looking for him this afternoon and found one of his scrapes that must be one of the biggest ones i have ever seen! This scrape must have been at least 5 feet wide and all tore up with a nice licking branch! We will be keeping an eye on that one! Obviously all the buck arent dead yet! ;)

Offline chimo

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2012, 02:13:11 AM »
Not much for deer sightings this year for my family but when they did it was usually a buck.  I couldn't make it up hunting this year but they managed a basket rack 4 and 6 and a spike youth weekend.  Didn't see much for deer period and the cam's we have out all seem to have gone dead except for yotes and a bobcat.  Actually saw more out in the fields after dark driving home than in the woods.  Didn't seem to be much for mast in their neck of the woods this year and hunting the ridges like we do, most of the deer could have just still been down in the low lands.  Hoping to see some more pic's from them during smoke pole season ;)

Chimo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal