Author Topic: Otto's 2012 Trail Cam Pics  (Read 10165 times)

Offline Otto

• 6 Pointer
  • Something is always in season!
Re: Otto's 2012 Trail Cam Pics
« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »
End of shotgun, still a goose egg.  Oh well, 10 days of ML and I have at least three scheduled for hunting.    My buddy got a doe last night , I am very happy for him, but I need to get some blood on my knife! 
Boom, Done!

Offline Otto

• 6 Pointer
Re: Otto's 2013 Pics
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2013, 05:14:54 PM »
Well, not good for ice fishing this weekend, so my outdoor adventure was for grouse.  We had a beautiful day in the southern Adirondacks with three flushes, but no birds down.  A little more snow than I would have thought, but my legs appreciated the workout and so did Buddy.

Boom, Done!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2013, 05:51:33 PM »
No birds but still sounds like fun.... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2013, 06:07:21 PM »

Nice looking dog you have there Otto, you're lucky that we've lost quite a bit of snow.! ???

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
Good looking dog 8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: Otto's 2013 Pics
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »
Well, not good for ice fishing this weekend, so my outdoor adventure was for grouse.  We had a beautiful day in the southern Adirondacks with three flushes, but no birds down.  A little more snow than I would have thought, but my legs appreciated the workout and so did Buddy.

My God he looks just like my Ruger  8)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Otto

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »
Thanks guys, he is a really sweet dog .  I got him from a breeder near Rochester.  Here is another one from today, he wanted to pose.

Boom, Done!

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:47:35 PM »

That's where I got Ruger ..... Rail Road Dr. How old is he ?
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Otto

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »
He is 5 years old.  My breeder was Ron Harling in Holley, NY.  His Dad was a vet, now retired.
Boom, Done!

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #24 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:50:35 PM »
Im trying to convince the ol' lady to get another dog when we have a larger place and are more settled...Id like a bird dog, I love lab/retrievers but was thinking about a pointer of some kind.... was looking at Griffons and the like...you guys suggest anything?
Take a Kid outside...

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 14, 2013, 04:48:00 AM »
Nice looking dog   He doing good for you , How they do that they point than you tell them flush
or they just go and flush them up , Never seen it done  ;D

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2013, 04:49:29 AM »
He is 5 years old.  My breeder was Ron Harling in Holley, NY.  His Dad was a vet, now retired.
Close , But no Cigar . Ruger is 5 as well but his breeder was David Freeman.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #27 on: Jan 14, 2013, 04:51:26 AM »
Im trying to convince the ol' lady to get another dog when we have a larger place and are more settled...Id like a bird dog, I love lab/retrievers but was thinking about a pointer of some kind.... was looking at Griffons and the like...you guys suggest anything?
I love my Brit J, He is a wonderfull family dog without a mean bone in his body , and a tireless worker in the field . My wife and I are looking into another dog and I think we settled on a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever .

Offline Otto

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »
Nice looking dog   He doing good for you , How they do that they point than you tell them flush
or they just go and flush them up , Never seen it done  ;D

The way I do it is to keep the dog on point and slowly walk in with gun ready for the bird to flush.  In field trials, a fully trained pointer will remain rock solid on point during and after the shot. (called "steady to wing and shot")  If you hit the bird, you can then "release" the dog with a command (like "bird down, fetch).  If you miss, you release the dog with a different command ("no bird - hunt em up") and the dog goes back to his search. 

Sounds wonderful doesn't it?  Buddy only has Junior hunter status, and I am not a field trial guy.  I am happy when he finds birds and holds steady while I haul myself over there.  I am also happy when he finds dead birds, even if he does not retrieve them to hand.  He usually lays down next to the dead bird and waits for me to come take it.  As soon as I pick it up, he is off running again.   He is really good at those two things and I am happy with that.  I can only imagine his opinion of my shooting abilities!
Boom, Done!

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #29 on: Jan 14, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »
I love my Brit J, He is a wonderfull family dog without a mean bone in his body , and a tireless worker in the field . My wife and I are looking into another dog and I think we settled on a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever .

those are good looking dogs been thinking about a brit, she wants a cocker and I am not feeling it haha
Take a Kid outside...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal