Author Topic: Montana Trail-cam UPDATED 8/24 with videos  (Read 29328 times)

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
Re: Montana Trail-cam
« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »
I just sent the ?'s to FWP to ask if that means "any" season. You are correct in that if that really means "all" seasons we are very limited. There are special seasons before/after general seasons for bear-turkey- mt lion-ducks-upland bird ..........etc. So does the law include all of these? Right now as far as I am aware of there is not a season open. So mine are out for now until archery season opens the first part of September.

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
Please post back with what they tell you. I'd really like to be able to put mine out but I also don't want to get fined or anything for doing something that is supposed to be a fun way to see what animals are here on the property I live on.

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Jul 02, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »
Please post back with what they tell you. I'd really like to be able to put mine out but I also don't want to get fined or anything for doing something that is supposed to be a fun way to see what animals are here on the property I live on.
For sure I will

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Jul 02, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »

My original question:
Motion-Tracking Devices and/or Camera Devices
It is illegal for a person to possess or use in the field any electronic or camera
device whose purpose is to scout the location of game animals or relay  the
information on a game animal’s location or movement during any Commissioned adopted hunting season

Does this make it illegal to have trail cams out during spring bear, spring turkey, waterfowl, mountain lion, etc. seasons for any big game animals?

Here is the respose back from FWP:

The purpose of the law is to restrict the use of a trail cam as an aid to and for the purpose of hunting. You could have it out during those seasons if you are not hunting  any of those species. However, I would suggest you be prepared to explain how and why you are not hunting should you be asked by a warden.

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Jul 02, 2012, 11:57:02 AM »
Sweet! That will be easy enough for me. I don't buy tags for anything I am not going to hunt so I can easily prove I am not hunting 90% of all the odd seasons and even some of the regular ones like bear, turkey etc.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #20 on: Jul 02, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »

My original question:
Motion-Tracking Devices and/or Camera Devices
It is illegal for a person to possess or use in the field any electronic or camera
device whose purpose is to scout the location of game animals or relay  the
information on a game animal’s location or movement during any Commissioned adopted hunting season

Does this make it illegal to have trail cams out during spring bear, spring turkey, waterfowl, mountain lion, etc. seasons for any big game animals?

Here is the respose back from FWP:

The purpose of the law is to restrict the use of a trail cam as an aid to and for the purpose of hunting. You could have it out during those seasons if you are not hunting  any of those species. However, I would suggest you be prepared to explain how and why you are not hunting should you be asked by a warden.
   WHAT HAAA     ARE  serious  that don't make any sense 

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Jul 03, 2012, 07:20:42 AM »
3 more weeks I will be in Montana for a few weeks and hope to see all you have posted and more.  Thanks for sharing and hope you put more on so I can enjoy Montana now and in person in a few weeks....Can not wait to see this in person...... Please post more and again thanks....I even have my winter coat packed lol

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Jul 03, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
3 more weeks I will be in Montana for a few weeks and hope to see all you have posted and more.  Thanks for sharing and hope you put more on so I can enjoy Montana now and in person in a few weeks....Can not wait to see this in person...... Please post more and again thanks....I even have my winter coat packed lol

It is HOT now but when you get here and depending where you are at  "you might be glad to have that coat" Hope yoyu ENJOY  your visit.

I was disappointed this week. With 2 cameras out for a week I only got 1 coyote and that was it! Moved both cameras so hopefully will find the elk again.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Jul 03, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »
It is HOT now but when you get here and depending where you are at  "you might be glad to have that coat" Hope yoyu ENJOY  your visit.

I was disappointed this week. With 2 cameras out for a week I only got 1 coyote and that was it! Moved both cameras so hopefully will find the elk again.

thank so  much and I am glad for the heat but I will bet i will need one for the northern portion of my visit.  Bringing it just in case and hope to see up a hunt for next year while I am out there.  Can not wait

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Jul 05, 2012, 10:39:41 AM »
loonyone,

What part of the state you coming to? Family/Friends or just coming to visit the state? Need any onfo let me know and maybe I can help you out? Lots of fires in the state going now so watch it here

http://www.inciweb.org/state/27/

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Jul 05, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »
loonyone,

What part of the state you coming to? Family/Friends or just coming to visit the state? Need any onfo let me know and maybe I can help you out? Lots of fires in the state going now so watch it here

http://www.inciweb.org/state/27/

I will be in west yellowstone for the first week and a half and then up to east glacier for the last week and a half.  I see that the fires have been pretty active your way.  I check pretty much every couple of days.  Just coming out to visit and see if someday I can just pick up and move that way.  Looks like my kind of state and I just might stay.....wishful thinking!

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Jul 05, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »
I will be in west yellowstone for the first week and a half and then up to east glacier for the last week and a half.  I see that the fires have been pretty active your way.  I check pretty much every couple of days.  Just coming out to visit and see if someday I can just pick up and move that way.  Looks like my kind of state and I just might stay.....wishful thinking!
Do not be afraid to ask if you need info. Should see some wlidlife in both parks. Elk #'s are down for sure in Yellowstone but should see some none the less. Do you fish also? Lots of trout fishing on your way between the parks.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Jul 06, 2012, 06:44:36 AM »
Do not be afraid to ask if you need info. Should see some wlidlife in both parks. Elk #'s are down for sure in Yellowstone but should see some none the less. Do you fish also? Lots of trout fishing on your way between the parks.

I hope to see all the wildlife your state has including the little teeny weeny ones...........I am fishing the madison river during the first week..........cabin right on the river.. ;D...walk right out my door into the creek... ;D.....then I don't know from there.....want to try some cutthroat.......you might be able to answer something......I have boots with both felt bottoms and just cleats.......can I use my felt bottom boots????.......someone told me I could not use felt in Montana.

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Jul 06, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »
I believe that bill died in committee in 2011 but check the regs just be sure. I use rubber soled boots anyway even though I don't think it passed.

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Jul 06, 2012, 07:35:28 AM »
I hope to see all the wildlife your state has including the little teeny weeny ones...........I am fishing the madison river during the first week..........cabin right on the river.. ;D...walk right out my door into the creek... ;D.....then I don't know from there.....want to try some cutthroat.......you might be able to answer something......I have boots with both felt bottoms and just cleats.......can I use my felt bottom boots????.......someone told me I could not use felt in Montana.
Sure sounds like you are going to do it up right! I am not a fly fisherman so I do not use boots/waders, I guess when I do fish in the rivers and creeks I just wear my tennis shoes  :) I did look at the regs quick and did not see any thing but you can go here .http://fwp.mt.gov/doingBusiness/contactUs/ and either call or email and ask the FWP the question

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal