Author Topic: Checked the cam  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
Checked the cam
« on: Aug 10, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
I checked my cams on Monday for the first time out on a brand new hunting lease me and my dad got. Was pretty excited. Wound up with a bunch of does,fawns and on decent 2.5 8. Put the cards back in and I will check again tomorrow. Wasn't quite what I was expecting but its still early yet and this spot is more of a transition are between other properties. Not much for food but a serious cruising zone once the rut hits. Anyways if nothing new on there tomorrow I will pull the cams and stay out of there until September and by then they should be moving around a little more. Sorry no pics cuz I can't post them. This thread was kind of a tease lol  :D

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: Checked the cam
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »
I checked my cams on Monday for the first time out on a brand new hunting lease me and my dad got. Was pretty excited. Wound up with a bunch of does,fawns and on decent 2.5 8. Put the cards back in and I will check again tomorrow. Wasn't quite what I was expecting but its still early yet and this spot is more of a transition are between other properties. Not much for food but a serious cruising zone once the rut hits. Anyways if nothing new on there tomorrow I will pull the cams and stay out of there until September and by then they should be moving around a little more. Sorry no pics cuz I can't post them. This thread was kind of a tease lol  :D

Need to get another card ' I use 2 per cam grab the card put the extra in and the way I go ; Have GE dig camera view
the card and go on my way works great for me I'm pretty much a scrape hunter I want to know how far I'm behind

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »
Sounds promising SOS.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
Nothing. Nothing but a bunch of does and fawns. So I pulled the cams and will stay out of there until early september when we go put stands up. My cousin has a farm that I hunt and he has pictures of 2 nice 8s and a big 5 right behind his house so I took a cam down there and ill see if I can get some good pics of them. Even if I don't get pics I know they are there. Hopefully a good season with the extremely mild winter

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
I know the feeling.... I have been trying to get something decent on mine all summer and finally got one last week. Sounds like the other farm may be the best bet at this point. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2012, 02:13:40 PM »
Same situation at my place, moved the cameras around today.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
Well the trail cam proved to be productive on the cousins farm. In just under a week only had 18 pics. But I got 2 nice upcoming toms on there, a nice 5pt, couple pics of the smaller of the 2 8s and a fawn. Definitely happy to see there's some decent bucks kicking around. Bring on October 1st!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »
Sounds like your going to need some help ; I'm available hehehe  ; Messing with you ; Sounds great  ;) ;) :) :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal