Author Topic: Lake George Area Bow Shops  (Read 1288 times)

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
Lake George Area Bow Shops
« on: Jun 29, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
I posted this on MFF and figured I should put it up over here too.

I am looking to get a new(different), better bow and want to try to find a good, fair shop to go to. The bow most definately can be used. I have 2 older compounds that I would like to work out some kind of deal where I can trade them in towards a different bow. If anyone has experience, feedback, or suggestions about any shops in the area I would really appreciate it. PMs are fine if you don't like posting. Thanks and tight lines.

Offline TC Hunter

• Forked
Re: Lake George Area Bow Shops
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »
Well I have a friend who has a shop in Galway which isn't Lake George but in the area. He is a real good guy to deal with and will help in anyway he can. His Shop is off route 29 6055 Dean Lung Road " Douglas Archery "  518 882-9731.  Hope this helps.  It may be a little ways from Lake George but if you are a hunter or 3D shooter he's the guy. TC

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »
CaptJJ is in the area, he may have an idea when he checks in.

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2011, 05:49:15 PM »
CaptJJ is in the area, he may have an idea when he checks in.

PMed him thanks though

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
Worth a try, the only ones I would recommend from experience are in Colonie, Amsterdam and Scotia. Good luck.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »
Johns is the only one in the area close to LG. I don't deal with them much. I doubt most will take older stuff in for trade, as they would have to warranty something they know nothing about. Some will trade up every year if you work a program with them, or have bought from them before. Better off selling them on C/L anyways, you'll get more for them.
I bought my son a real nice Browning on eBay last year, it's a chance, but any used bow is. Never know how many times someone might have dry fired it. I bought mine off there as well, but a new left over from a shop in Minn. Saved over 150 from the retail.
Good luck with the search.
The shops listed by others all have good reputations.  I used to buy all my target and hunting bows from Lemmes in Albany. They have some good deals in the off season on hunting bows.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
Lemmes has a new owner. I haven't got a bow from him but was in talking to him and window shopping. Seemed like a nice guy, but I don't know anyone who's got a bow from him yet so I can't offer any real insight on him. He does keep some set up as demos for whatever it's worth.

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2011, 08:44:03 PM »
Worth a try, the only ones I would recommend from experience are in Colonie, Amsterdam and Scotia. Good luck.

Would you mind giving me some feedback on the ones down there? I may be willing to make a drive

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »
Thanks for the advice upstate. I actually got one of them off craigslist. It is a lot easier to use CL out in syracuse since there are so many people around. I am certainly considering going that route.

The thing with me getting another one off CL is I am by no means an expert on bows and don't want to get taken or have any problems. I just want one that I can trust to work well, nothing fancy, just want one that is reliable and practicle and will allow me to shoot well and take deer ethically.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal