Author Topic: Land Leases ???  (Read 1165 times)

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
Land Leases ???
« on: Dec 15, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »
Does anyone know of any land in the Adirondacks available to lease , any help would be great .

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Land Leases ???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2010, 02:13:31 PM »
I would check out IP lands. Not sure whats going to happen with most of the Finch paper leases they sold to the conservancy.
Finch may, be buying some of them back I hear. I guess the conservancy can't afford the taxes on all the lands they bought.
I have heard that a lot of members dropped out of Deer Valley, and a couple others from the low deer populations the last two years. NY has not really done anything to make the Adirondacks attractive to wildlife. Most of the leases are adjacent to state forests, which are forever wild.(Dead) So unless the club does something to attract wildlife they go elsewhere.
You could also try a lease agent, but they are ridiculous in price. JMO 3000 for 147 acres is just stupid.

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »
Thanks upstate !!  Are there any clubs or gun clubs with hunting rights ???, that you know of.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »
A number of them, most are on Finch leases. A couple on IP, and some that own the land. Blue Mnt club, Deer Valley, Gooley club. Some have web sites with member info and pricing to join. There are also a number of clubs in Newcomb.
Something to remember about Finch leases. Thy don't allow taking of doe at all. Not with bow or M/L. They don't follow state laws.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2010, 04:34:07 PM by upstatehunter »

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »
try fountains real estate they had quit a few leases last year
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal