Author Topic: lost him....  (Read 1749 times)

Offline weavs150

• Forked
lost him....
« on: Nov 22, 2010, 07:28:22 PM »
sunday we lost the biggest buck ive ever had the chance to shoot at. i have a mid 130s on the wall and this one makes it look like a yearling had quarter drop sizes of blood for 200 yeards  then nothing. i got permision to grid walk  the posted property with out a gun and came up empty what a gut wrenching fealing i hope he lives to get shot by another hunter. would hate to have tht great animal wasted. just wanted to share i know it happens to all of us loosing a deer

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: lost him....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2010, 08:07:41 PM »
Sorry to hear...it hurts...we'll standby for a happy ending...it happens
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »
That stinks. I've lost the rest of a season looking for a deer I was sure I hit, knew was going to die but never found.
We are all pulling for you to get another chance at him or have someone find him for you.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2010, 05:10:27 AM »
Sorry to here you lost him, we all feel for you, but keep you chin up and get back out there!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2010, 06:21:10 AM »
Sorry to hear that weavs150.

Offline Somers

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2010, 12:56:28 PM »
It hurts to have it happen to you.  Sounds like he'll be fine.  Quarter size drops isn't a lot w/ the gun.  Probably low and hit brisket.  Get back out there.  Lightning sometimes strikes twice.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2010, 02:06:28 PM »
keep on it and hunt him HARD, JUST STAY SMART WITH THE WIND DIRECTION. I had the same thing hapen the other week and scored that very deer, talk about your highest of hghs and lowest of lows. Dont give up just keep thinking HES ALIVE.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2010, 02:08:28 PM »
I agree, Sounds like a bad hit that clotted up,,  get back out there,,  He's probably still runnin around

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »
Sorry to hear man, I lost a giant during muzzleloading, save I had quite the blood trail.. My old man lost a buck two weeks ago too, I actually saw it it was down and got up as we were walking down to him. Another option you have is to call in dogs, pretty sure its a free service.
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline weavs150

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2010, 11:05:32 PM »
i though of the dogs the next day but it rained cats and dogs not sure if the can work in that

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2010, 04:39:58 AM »
They are supost to be able to track even after a good storm. I am little skeptical however after they could not find the one I lost.

Offline carcaju

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »
my brother in-law hit one late in the afternoon called me up when he got home at 9pm because he couldn't find it we got out there the next day at daylight and i fund it 150 yards from where he shot it. the problem was the coyote had torn it up that night.

Offline weavs150

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Nov 25, 2010, 02:07:25 PM »
i believe the missing buck was shot today in the wood lot over from the rumor mill it was a big 10 have yet to see pictures

Offline bbbletchworth

• Forked
  • BBB Club Inc.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2010, 08:18:09 PM »
i believe the missing buck was shot today in the wood lot over from the rumor mill it was a big 10 have yet to see pictures

Sorry to hear about your buck. Your right hopefully he lived to see another day. Sounds as if he did. I wanted to let you know, I have a friend that has used the dog service two or three times, and not because he's a bad shot, but because it is a sure way of recovering your deer. He's used them in the RAIN as well. He says they track just as well in the rain or sunny out. My brother tried to use them on a deer that he stuck during bow season but they would not go into the park that we hunt in. Very nice fellow though sat and spoke to him for almost 30 minutes on phone. This particular guy covers three counties and as of (I think it was) Nov. 2nd or so. He had over 150 calls for the year. He tracks almost 2-3 different deer a day. Thats on perfect conditions and the size of land is good and no posted property to ask permission and all that. But it operates off of donations only. A good idea if you ask me, especially if you shoot a buck of a life time or not such a great shot. It's a no brainer.

Well good luck, hope you get a second with him.  -  BBBL
Up North! - On a quiet night you can hear the deer laughing....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal