Author Topic: Car break in  (Read 1548 times)

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
Car break in
« on: Nov 13, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
So I went camping/hunting with my girlfriend for the past 2 days in the state forest off of tower rd. in Steuben, NY. While we were back in someone broke the back window and all my side windows out of my car. They took (from what I could see w/out moving things) my backpack w/ laptop, climber, and my girlfriend's purse with her wallet ect.  >:( I am quite pleased with these people. If anyone knows or hears anything about anything like this I would really appreciate the help. The troopers were really helpful, hope they find a print or something so that they nail their a$$e$ to the wall!

Offline Skidda

• 6 Pointer
Re: Car break in
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2010, 05:14:04 AM »
That Su#$%! Hope they hang the losers when they are caught!

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2010, 05:16:37 AM »
I love to hike as well as hunt and belong to a couple of hiking forums as well.  In the Adirondacks and Catskills this is fairly common as the cars are typically left early in the morning and no one comes back till late in the day.

Time for a trailcam  8)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2010, 05:35:04 AM »
Once again the scourge of the country strike. Hope they find them AB. That sounds like a money to buy drugs theft.
As they say, locks only keep honest people out. Really sucks to live in a society that has so many bad apples.
Makes you appreciate the good ones even more!!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2010, 07:04:29 AM »
WTF! Cant even enjoy yourself in state parks anymore. Not sure if you have already but I would be checking pawn shops in the area. Even if they dont have your stuff you can describe it to them.

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2010, 12:19:29 PM »
I love to hike as well as hunt and belong to a couple of hiking forums as well.  In the Adirondacks and Catskills this is fairly common as the cars are typically left early in the morning and no one comes back till late in the day.

Time for a trailcam  8)

i've been doing this stuff for a while and never had a problem, ever. My parents never have either.

Once I got out I was thinking about how the giant sugar maple I parked next to would have been a great spot to put a trail cam way up there facing down on the car... I feel like a handgun is the first priority though. I tend to sleep heavy and a shotgun isn't too easy to use in a tent either. The girlfriend is scared of camping now and honestly it worries me too. I also go and sleep in my car some weekends depending on where I am going, if I had been sleeping in the car by myself... Just seems reasonable to me, primarily for peace of mind and all.

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »
WTF! Cant even enjoy yourself in state parks anymore. Not sure if you have already but I would be checking pawn shops in the area. Even if they dont have your stuff you can describe it to them.

I'm keeping an eye on all that. From what the trooper described the investigators are really good.

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »
WTF!!  >:( >:( is really all that comes to mind. i can't believe the nerve,but then again some people just really suck.upstates prolly right, some low life trying to score there next fix
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »
That's right down the road from me :o :o  I'll ask around a little

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal