Author Topic: Hank Parker  (Read 8602 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Hank Parker
« on: Sep 27, 2010, 05:07:13 PM »
I use to be a huge fan of him. I attended the 1989 Bassmaster Classic that he won in Richmond VA. At that event I got to meet him the night before he won. He signed my hat and I got my picture taken with him. Here lately he has let me down by endorsing junk. For instance C'mere deer an over priced attractant that whitetail's only native to the desert will eat. Then perhaps the biggest let down of them all swhacker broadheads. Sure they fly like fields tips but that does you know good when the blades dont open and the deer runs into the next County. Blow thru plywood at a quartering angle you say? We will find out I have one brand new one left and intend to test that theory myself.  No longer will I buy anything with his name on it. If you do you are setting yourself up for failure.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
Re: Hank Parker
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2010, 05:47:38 PM »
Have you seen the latest promo for the blind thet sucks the air from inside and runs it through a carcoal filter before sending it out the back? I mean Really, who could aford something like that AND haul it out in the woods to set it up (it takes a bunch 12 volt batteries to run!)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2010, 05:52:40 PM »
Have you seen the latest promo for the blind thet sucks the air from inside and runs it through a carcoal filter before sending it out the back? I mean Really, who could aford something like that AND haul it out in the woods to set it up (it takes a bunch 12 volt batteries to run!)

No I have not seen it but I could believe he is endorsing it. What a joke.

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2010, 06:11:42 PM »
No I have not seen it but I could believe he is endorsing it. What a joke.

They all are!!!!!!Only one i like is Jim Shocky.........

FrankM

« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2010, 08:54:56 AM »
That's the problem with hunting shows and hunting magazines.  They are all trying to sell you some junk.  They want you to buy the latest bows, arrows , broadheads, calls, scents, clothes, bullets etc.  They push all kinds of stupid hunting concepts that have people believing we can all have trophy bucks behind every tree.  I am sick of watching and reading all this crap.  I don't waste my time hauling scents, calls and other garbage into the woods anymore.  I have used the same bow, arrows and broadheads since 1994 and they work well.  Hunting success comes from skills acquired by being in the woods, making mistakes and learning from them not buying the latest fad. 

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:10:29 AM »
That's the problem with hunting shows and hunting magazines.  They are all trying to sell you some junk.  They want you to buy the latest bows, arrows , broadheads, calls, scents, clothes, bullets etc.  They push all kinds of stupid hunting concepts that have people believing we can all have trophy bucks behind every tree.  I am sick of watching and reading all this crap.  I don't waste my time hauling scents, calls and other garbage into the woods anymore.  I have used the same bow, arrows and broadheads since 1994 and they work well.  Hunting success comes from skills acquired by being in the woods, making mistakes and learning from them not buying the latest fad.

Very well put, could not agree with you more Frank.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »
ill 2nd that
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:23:59 AM »
He should promote stuff like Thermacell, cause it actually works....but of course he probably doesn't have to deal with bugs like we do!!! :-\

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:27:45 AM »
Even his spinnerbaits stink. Never caught a bass on one only pickeral and pike.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »
Even his spinnerbaits stink. Never caught a bass on one only pickeral and pike.
If caught more fish on Rooster Tails then any other lure out there!!

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:30:54 AM »
If caught more fish on Rooster Tails then any other lure out there!!

They are a great lure.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:35:31 AM »
It's very costly to produce and air a TV show. How do they do it? By sponsors paying them to advertise their products. Sometimes stuff they would never
do in their own personal lives they do for the money to continue funding their shows. It's all big business now. How many lost deer footages were on the cutting room floor
before they finally killed one with the broadhead. Or how much did they pay to get the privilege to hunt that piece of land with the giant 10 point on it.
I still watch a few shows, but with a certain amount of distance kept from reality.
As for Jim Shockey, he is no different from any of them. He used his native rights to acquire exclusive rights to hunt the land he does in the Yukon.
And the money people pay him for guided trips he uses to invest in his wife's company, and other tracts of land other outfitters can't afford to lease.
We as consumers need to make as informed a purchase as possible, and let others know what is good and isn't.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:46:02 AM »
The "Tv Stars" are all in the same boat. If broadhead A is paying the bill's that's what get's endorsed. If outboard motor company X is giving you motors and paying the bill's you say they are the best. It's just about money, I enjoy the shows for the personality's and animal's but there is very little reality in any of it to me.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Oct 06, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »
YUP right on Bog!!
Great minds really do think alike.... ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2010, 06:36:01 PM »
YUP right on Bog!!
Great minds really do think alike.... ;D

The guy that I like to watch is Brian "Pig Man" Quaka. That guy crack's me up. He has the best saying's.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal