Author Topic: PROPOSED SHORTER GUN SEASON  (Read 3531 times)

Offline MONSTERQUEST

• Nubbie
PROPOSED SHORTER GUN SEASON
« on: Sep 12, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
IDNR is proposing a 9 day gun season for next year, I think this just pertains to bucks only as they are going to allow more days a field to shoot does. Sounds like they are trying to protect the bucks to improve the age structure in our herd(bigger bucks) I for one am all for this as a month long gun season (2 week gun 2 week muzzle loader) is to much pressure on them. I think the DNR is headed in the right direction on this one and Indiana could soon be producing record book heads with the same consistency as some neighboring states like, IOWA, KANSAS & ILLINOIS. How do you all feel on this proposal ?

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: PROPOSED SHORTER GUN SEASON
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2010, 07:25:56 AM »
Boy you never got a response?????
The older hunters probably will be against, but the younger who have been taught about herd management and the need for a better buck to doe ratio
and the need to cull inferior bucks from the herd will probably be for it. You still get tags for doe, something a lot of older hunters have a problem with
shooting. Especially the doe they want you to shoot, the younger ones. I see no reason Indiana can't be a go to state for big bucks. You have a lot of the same
environment as your neighbors. I still like the earn a buck tag idea, it makes hunters comply to the states herd management.
Some of the big buck states imposed this and are having really good luck with it.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: PROPOSED SHORTER GUN SEASON
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2010, 05:52:18 AM »
Well either the hunters from Indiana don't care about what the state does to their season, or none of them are on here.... :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal