Author Topic: Pre North / South Challenge B.S only Thread  (Read 42531 times)

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
Re: Pre North / South Challenge B.S only Thread
« Reply #30 on: Aug 06, 2010, 08:38:57 AM »
Thanks Upstate

Offline whitetailfreak10990

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Aug 06, 2010, 11:44:36 AM »
im new to site. i have read this thread and was wondering how do you sign up for it. i live in orange county, ny. any info on this would be great. already told my boss im going to be taking off opening day for bow and rifle this year.
chris

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #32 on: Aug 06, 2010, 02:57:26 PM »
im new to site. i have read this thread and was wondering how do you sign up for it. i live in orange county, ny. any info on this would be great. already told my boss im going to be taking off opening day for bow and rifle this year.

All new guys tryout first Chris.LOL J/k Im sure joe snag will add you to the list once he see's your post.

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Aug 06, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »

The Chopper county!!!!!Cant wait to see if Paul Sr fails against his son this season.......... ;D

Doesnt the tryouts start in 2 weeks for newbie entrants Drob?????? ;)

If you fail the bow course your prolly still eligible,but if you do get used to it cause all north hunters are getting big helping of failure this year!!!!!! 8)

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #34 on: Aug 06, 2010, 04:56:26 PM »

And how about the point system? Last year does where only worth 1 point right?

Does should still be 1 point still IMO!!!!

Not all of us get a shot at a buck during the season. Just my opinion to try and keep things competitive.

Especially less for the ones that only shoot standing still deer!!!!But the adding the bucks points worked great last year and was very competitive all the way to the Norths Miraculous late season come back...... :o

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 04:58:14 PM by Corporal Punishment »

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #35 on: Aug 06, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »
Actually it might help the South with more deer here!!!!I would compromise and say 2 points per doe........ ;)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #36 on: Aug 06, 2010, 05:23:42 PM »
We need a strict cut off date for sign up and a way to make the teams more even as far as how many hunters per team..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #37 on: Aug 06, 2010, 08:30:56 PM »
Why should a doe be any less than a buck? (besides the antler points) They can be just as tough to hunt (if not tougher when there are a lot of them...ever hear of the old whiley doe?) It takes just as much nerve and effort to hunt and take a good doe IMO. (ya and not just pop off shots at a running deer butt shots and blowings its legs off as well as just wound it. ya lets not take the time for a good shot for a quick kill...sorry had to say it...again)
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 08:34:16 PM by Deposit »

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #38 on: Aug 06, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »
LOL He gets to ya huh Deposit....kinda like a rash that won't go away.
Hey Raquette, you may want to recruit a few more guys for the south...Looks like 37 south to 24 north, and we kicked your butts. And I never even saw
A deer.... ;D Let the ribbing begin...LOL

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Aug 06, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
Yea, kinda like that deer fly that just keeps buzzing around your head that you can never swat away. (no offence Corp just differences in opinion).

Offline whitetailfreak10990

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Aug 06, 2010, 11:00:28 PM »

If you fail the bow course your prolly still eligible,but if you do get used to it cause all north hunters are getting big helping of failure this year!!!!!! 8)

don't think im going to fail, and i dont think i will need to get used to failing
chris

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #41 on: Aug 07, 2010, 01:07:26 AM »
don't think im going to fail, and i dont think i will need to get used to failing

Just BS'ing,like I said ya cant flunk/fail the bow course!!!!!The North/South challenge is a different story....... 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2010, 01:10:40 AM by Corporal Punishment »

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Aug 07, 2010, 01:17:16 AM »
I gave the buck a cease fire last season,this year its war on all!!!!Kill-em even if they wave there white flag in defeat while running away!!!! ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2010, 01:34:14 AM by Corporal Punishment »

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #43 on: Aug 07, 2010, 06:01:10 AM »
LOL He gets to ya huh Deposit....kinda like a rash that won't go away.
Hey Raquette, you may want to recruit a few more guys for the south...Looks like 37 south to 24 north, and we kicked your butts. And I never even saw
A deer.... ;D Let the ribbing begin...LOL

Here it goes...I have last years bow tag which WILL BE FILLED one of the first 3 days of northern bow.. ;D ;D To put the south on the board quick with some points..  Then Im going to thin out some of these little 5 and 6 pointers around here...  The last 2 years I hunted just one deer. Now that he is gone there all fair game... ;D ;D ;D  Let the games begin....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #44 on: Aug 07, 2010, 08:08:39 AM »
LOL, OK maybe I'll have to go to the southern zone this year for bow season. Always did have an easy time shooting one in the game farm....LOL
Then come back north and shoot another "monster"....With no one responding to my resumes or giving me the "over qualified" excuse. I'll have some extra time to be in the woods this fall by the looks. Good thing I stocked up on broadheads last fall.... 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal