Author Topic: leaseing land  (Read 3893 times)

Offline livetohunt

• Nubbie
leaseing land
« on: Apr 18, 2005, 06:08:37 PM »
If anyone knows anything about leasing land here in ny im willing to pay good money for a lease.I would love some feed back on this if u know plz help

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: leaseing land
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2005, 06:47:13 AM »
honestly i know very little on this subject but when i was just poking around on the topic with friends and relatives i was told to just ask farmers permission to lease there land for hunting also you can call real estate people like century 21 and such and ask them what they have hope this helps

Offline spiker2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2005, 07:00:22 AM »
farm land is your best option. alot of the farmers will lease there property to you for a certain price that will give you and your huntin buds a good place to hunt. alot of times the price will be helping pay taxes or doing certain farm chores to help maintain the property. you can also check with a realator on this. they may have  alist of properties that are for lease or sale.you may also want to check with your local county office to see what properties are going for back taxes. you may be able to get a good peice of land for a cheap price. most of the time the price is just the back taxes that are owed. hope that helps. :)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2005, 07:02:16 AM »
isnt that what i said retard ??? speaking of leasing can i lease you back yard on the first to get a bird ;D at least put up a tree stand to look in a certain cheerleaders window ::)

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2005, 12:58:31 AM »
A little late to bring this up, I know...but we lease land in Otsego county through a lumber company (Gutchess Lumber). The land is $5/acre per year, plus a $300 yearly insurance fee.  Great people to work with, and you can do almost anything you want to on these places--we spent the summer opening up logging roads and putting in food plots on the newly opened areas. Lots of logging co.'s are leasing land, and it's cheap. Just have to get out there and find it!

-Zach

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2005, 02:07:09 PM »
THe best way to get land to hunt on is to approach a farmer/landowner in the summer, ask what chores can you do around the farm in return for being the only one to hunt his land. Offer to paint his fence, help him stack hay, cut firewood. Building a friendship with the farmer/land owner will be cheaper, and unlike the guy who leases his land out to hunters, you won't be as likely to loose your hunting area to the highest bidder.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal