Author Topic: adk mountain club cuts trail through our lease  (Read 1842 times)

Offline adk iceman

• Spiked
adk mountain club cuts trail through our lease
« on: Sep 24, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
i am a member of a 1500 acre lease in the adirondacks. saturday i went up to camp to spend the day looking for deer sign and maybe get lucky and see a bear. as im walking back on our property where the is active logging goin on and i come across a newly cut northville-placid trail goin through our property. as i walk out of the woods a little bit confused i run into the logger. apparently while he was cutting trees one day some of these "volunteers" approached him and in some not so nice words asked him what the hell he was doing. he called his forester and she came in and told them that they  were on private land and that the logging would continue and as a matter of fact there would be skid roads right across the new trail. apparently the trail is there to stay but the public is supposed to restricted from venturing off the trail while on club property. just another example of the state doing whatever they want with no reprocussions. o yeah and the reason the original trailhead was closed is because the landowner who generously let the trail pass through his property was sick of people harrassing him for riding his atv on his own property. enjoy the trails hikers, the money i spend on my sportsman license pays for them.

Offline pooley

• 6 Pointer
  • don't shoot the 2 legged dear!
Re: adk mountain club cuts trail through our lease
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2009, 09:05:54 PM »
no, your money does not pay for them, private donations pay for them, and there are clauses in the adirondaks that allow them to cut through areas to make trails. as for the restrictions to stay on the trails, it will probably be hikers on them, and not hunters.

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »
i don't even know what to say, thats just ....bogus!!
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2009, 09:14:27 PM »
I think the hunting will be better in the logging areas..Just my opinion..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

upstatehunter

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2009, 04:30:04 AM »
no, your money does not pay for them, private donations pay for them, and there are clauses in the adirondaks that allow them to cut through areas to make trails. as for the restrictions to stay on the trails, it will probably be hikers on them, and not hunters.
It's still bullcrap!! The conservancy have anything to do with this club? You can bet if they do that's why they put the trail there. If you are really that naive to think they will stay on the trail, let me cut one across your property and we'll see if these people leave your place alone. Given access means permission to go where and do what they please.
As for license fees, There are a percentage that go to conservation. Which includes trail maintenance. So I agree if I have to pay to maintain the trails why don't they have to pay to use them?   

Offline adk iceman

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2009, 09:12:11 AM »
upstate - the conservancy did have something to do with the club but they are hurting financially so they are out of the picture now. p.m. me if u want all the details. raquettedacker -  the hunting has been really good since they started logging 3 years ago.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal