Author Topic: So...how's everyone doing for the 2007 deer season?  (Read 18867 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
So...how's everyone doing for the 2007 deer season?
« on: Sep 28, 2007, 08:45:55 AM »
Northern zone bowhunting started yesterday using last years license.  Just wondering if anyone went out or got anything yet. Post your sucess stories for the season here!!!!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
Re: So...how's everyone doing for the 2007 deer season?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2007, 09:22:42 AM »
Bow season started yesterday for us in Maine.  I should of shot a nice four pointer, but he snuck up from behind and was only 10 yards behind my tree when I first heard him.  Needless to say, I didn't get the bow drawn quick enough to take a shot.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2007, 10:33:12 AM »
Congrats chilly willie :D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2007, 10:39:51 AM »
Yesterday evening, between thunderstorms, I had 11 deer in the field next to my house, 4 big does and 7 yearlings all feeding and playing.

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »
mtlion
Wish i were you in that Big Sky Country. Gonna try the bow hunt in essex county on sunday. that is if the lake champlain perch do not call me back onto the water after fishin all day saturday.I have found hunting the north country very humbling but saw 7 does while i was sneakin for bear last sunday evening. Lots of deer sign but  tons of land but it sure beats not hunting. Good luck!!!!! ;D

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2007, 11:27:01 AM »
I hunt the rut ;D......... In other words, I do not own a bow. Its hard enough getting one w/ a gun. ;) My hats off to you bow hunters. There's no question bowhunting is the ultimate challenge............. Perhaps when I get a little more Patience, I'll give it a try.

Cheers.........TO THE HUNT

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »
You will be hooked!!

Thats what i'm afraid of

be prepared to take out a mortgage for bow, arrows, broadheads, range finder, 4 sets of camo, treestands, ground blinds.......it never ends!

I dont have a spare 2 grand to give up on a bow and all the goodies

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »
You can get set up with a used bow and arrows for arround 250-300 dollars.  You really don't need any fancy gadgets other than a tree stand.

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2007, 06:24:09 PM »
mtlion is right you will be hooked from the first day.  It's not cheap either but thats the off season fun.  sometimes the winner is the one who dies with the  most toys

I will be hunting north early season on sunday.  Hoping to take a deer with my new Mathews Drenalin......to be continued

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2007, 01:03:22 PM »
Placed my stand up yesterday and then did some scouting around. No signs of rubs or scrapes yet. Lots of tracks and the acorns are starting to drop. Deer are hitting the apple and pear trees big time.

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2007, 07:21:15 PM »
 tell you the truth with the weather we have been having i haven't thought much about deer hunting. It sucks i wish it would cool down

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2007, 05:39:23 PM »
went out sunday with last years tag in hand and used my new Mathews Drenaline that my wife bought me for my birthday
I scored at 0800 and the monkey was off of my back.  I have not killed a deer since I got married and before that i was always able to fill a tag or two a year.  The birth of my twins set me back as far as time goes but the feeling of taking a deer rushes right back.  Good shot hitting both lungs and it went 60yds and piled up.  What a feeling to have venison in the freezer again. 
The weather was cool and the acorns were dropping like crazy.  There were deer all around me hitting the acorns hard. 

Good Luck to All this year.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2007, 06:18:45 AM »
Congrats on the kill. ;D

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »
I'm sure everybodys seen the picture, but I got a real nice 9 saturday. Took a 44 yard shot, and took out his lungs, heart, kidneys, haha you name it they were gone. The new rage broadheads are unbelievable. I'll never shoot a different one. He didn't go over 40 yards before biting the dust ;D And who says you need a tree stand, I was just sitting in my tree seat on the ground. My dad was sitting in it last night and had around the same shot at the 11 pointer we have on camera, but he didn't feel comfortable in taking the shot so, he passed for a better shot. Me on the other hand, I shoot my bow everyday, and know what i'm capable of in situations like that :)
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline Red

• Forked
« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2007, 02:09:29 PM »
Congrats on a very nice buck :)  This is my first year hunting archery and I picked up the new rage broadheads.  I have not heard one bad thing about them - everyone I talk to says that they are unbelievable!  That is great to keep hearing :)  Hopefully I'll have some luck and have a nice deer walk out in front of me so I can test them out!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal