Author Topic: NYS new proposed hunting regulations  (Read 1480 times)

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
NYS new proposed hunting regulations
« on: Dec 17, 2020, 05:38:10 AM »
I've read some of the new proposed big game hunting regulations,--
Some of them I hope they know what they are doing,one thing it looks like is that they just want to increase the kills in NY,
I can't chime in about the deer population down state and in urban areas but in the southern Adirondacks I can..
One thing they say is try to Volunteer non lead ammo by using Copper bullets,Ya right,,like a deer is going to eat a shot bullet,,thats because of trying to keep some lady ASSembly women in the Bronx happy,,,you can't find any ammo now and 100000 hunters will pay 50 bucks a box for copper ammo.
Increase bag limits--right now it is possible to shoot 7 deer a season,,,,,,,,,
they want to manage deer population,longer season,later season,January season,
I think they want to wipe them all out--------------------
I can't believe they don't have a spotlight season or pile of corn season...

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
Re: NYS new proposed hunting regulations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2020, 07:13:20 AM »
Joe, I agree, there isn't much to their changes other than let's wipe them all out. Many who are happy with this are those that have shot 5/6 deer and need 2 more to fill their walk-in. I can remember when the deer were just about wiped out around here. This was a strange year, we will see just how many deer there are in a few day after this snow fall.

On a lighter side, we won't have to worry about ammo, our guns will be gone.
The "Copper" bullets may something to do with "Defund the Police".

NY is a big state with many different areas, one size fits all will not work....h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
Re: NYS new proposed hunting regulations
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »
Nystate has 4 zones north , south, western ang Long Island every area has its own deer populations they need to be controlled separately,also remember the coyotes have no impact on the deer populations 🤔 And as you say h2l, this storm will have an effect on them! And now their telling us what bullets to use ,hello ,nice chatting with you two !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal