Author Topic: Draw results  (Read 7135 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
Draw results
« on: Jun 21, 2016, 01:41:20 PM »
So did everyone draw what they wanted or are they in the same boat as me and drew nothing at all.  Oh well maybe next year looks like elk hunting it is again this year on a general tag again.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
Re: Draw results
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2017, 01:43:38 PM »
Well 2017 the results are in and I need to go and get a lotto ticket plus another freezer, drew all that I put in for except my whitetail tag, so here I come to hunt antelope and two elk tags, plus the wife got her antelope and two elk tags and we have a couple doe fawn tags for deer as well.  Pretty excited to say the least.  Going to go to Texas here in a few weeks to hunt some nagali antelope as well so meat all around, maybe even some hogs.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2017, 04:00:16 PM »
sounds like your going to have a fun season!!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2017, 06:52:29 AM »

Hope you have 2 freezers, Sounds like awesome season on it's way for you  .... 

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »
Well I have two freezers but might have to buy another one just for the wild game, a beef takes up one pretty fast and the meat chickens but it is nice to not worry about going to the store to buy meat. Plus all the vegetables and fruit my wife likes to freeze throughout the year takes up another one with a little spare room for some fish for the fish fry throughout the year.  Just have to see how it all goes it is hunting and nothing is guaranteed to wind up in the back of the truck.  Good luck to all this fall which is fast approaching hopefully the bows are hitting the spot and the rifles are all sighted in and ready.

Offline SlickRockHounds

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2017, 09:58:27 AM »
Well 2017 the results are in and I need to go and get a lotto ticket plus another freezer, drew all that I put in for except my whitetail tag, so here I come to hunt antelope and two elk tags, plus the wife got her antelope and two elk tags and we have a couple doe fawn tags for deer as well.  Pretty excited to say the least.  Going to go to Texas here in a few weeks to hunt some nagali antelope as well so meat all around, maybe even some hogs.

wow, nice draw!  good for you!  whitetail tag???? since when do we have a whitetail only tag?

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2017, 08:05:20 AM »
We have had a whitetail only tag for a long time around here, and the game and fish are adding more and more around, but in some areas you can get a mulie tag and then a whitetail tag and hunt two bucks a year, but only in certain areas of the state.  No success in Texas for the antelope or hogs but did catch a shark and some speckled trout and a couple red drum.  Fun trip but a long drive.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2017, 03:31:18 PM »
We have had a whitetail only tag for a long time around here, and the game and fish are adding more and more around, but in some areas you can get a mulie tag and then a whitetail tag and hunt two bucks a year, but only in certain areas of the state.  No success in Texas for the antelope or hogs but did catch a shark and some speckled trout and a couple red drum.  Fun trip but a long drive.
why is that?? are the whitetails taking over or has cwd or something hurt the mule deer herd?? 

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2017, 07:32:22 AM »
The whitetail take over for a bit, until blue tongue kills the herd off for a little while. Plus the mule deer does will mate with a whitetail buck usually because he is more aggressive, but a whitetail doe will not mate with a mule deer buck because he is not aggressive enough and our Game and Fish are worried that the whitetails will take over and we will not have our mule deer any more.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2017, 07:03:26 AM »
The whitetail take over for a bit, until blue tongue kills the herd off for a little while. Plus the mule deer does will mate with a whitetail buck usually because he is more aggressive, but a whitetail doe will not mate with a mule deer buck because he is not aggressive enough and our Game and Fish are worried that the whitetails will take over and we will not have our mule deer any more.
wow that stinks big time...

Offline SlickRockHounds

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2017, 05:44:51 AM »

I don't hunt deer and thought they had whitetail only tags only over near buffalo but my buddys granddaughter got some here too,  so there ya go, just goes to show ya. learn something every day, sometimes....

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2017, 03:14:23 PM »
Well been out a couple times, have not found any antelope that I want to hang the tag on yet, had a few elk bugling but not coming in yet, hopefully this cool weather will have them going and we can get it done before the season ends here in three weeks.  Anyone else having any luck?  Be safe and maybe see some out and about.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal