Author Topic: best place in Wy for coyote?  (Read 6337 times)

Offline bdrpp

• Nubbie
best place in Wy for coyote?
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »
Coming for a visit in a few weeks and looking for BLM or state land that may have a few coyotes.  I have a long range rifle/ecalls/mouth calls/camo/beer. Any recomendations?

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Re: best place in Wy for coyote?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 12:38:18 PM »
Coming for a visit in a few weeks and looking for BLM or state land that may have a few coyotes.  I have a long range rifle/ecalls/mouth calls/camo/beer. Any recomendations?
            Welcome to MHF, where are you from? Check my welcome on the General Hunting discussion thread!

Offline bdrpp

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 01:00:15 PM »
            Welcome to MHF, where are you from? Check my welcome on the General Hunting discussion thread!

Hi 30-30! Thanks for the welcome!
 I am from Ontario Canada originaly, and moved to south Michigan a few years ago.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2015, 03:36:05 AM »

Welcome to the site bdrpp   How is the hunting out your way ; Ontario must have been great ....

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
Depends on what part of the state you are visiting to find the ground to hunt on and where the coyotes might be hanging around.  They are much easier to kill in the winter months, and their fur is a lot better, but if you just want to shoot some I am sure you can find some.  The pups are starting to come out of the dens now.

Offline bdrpp

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »

Welcome to the site bdrpp   How is the hunting out your way ; Ontario must have been great ....

I gave up hunting in Ontario 20 years ago, too many restrictions with permits, fees, gun laws and other anti-freedom BS, Americans don't know how good they have it lol.

Offline bdrpp

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2015, 05:45:37 PM »
Depends on what part of the state you are visiting to find the ground to hunt on and where the coyotes might be hanging around.  They are much easier to kill in the winter months, and their fur is a lot better, but if you just want to shoot some I am sure you can find some.  The pups are starting to come out of the dens now.

I am willing to go anywhere in the state where the most dogs are, I hear the mountain areas aren't so good, the flatter land is better. What area in the state would you suggest?

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2015, 04:27:20 PM »
I am from the central part of the state and my brother is  coyote hunter and he has traveled all over the state for the contests they have over the winter, but now he mainly just traps them, but down south of Rawlins has been good, over Rocksprings up towards the mountain driving towards lander, Red Desert area, always seems to produce a few dogs, Down around Laramie is good just lots of private ground you have to watch out for.  North of Casper towards Gillette is good too, but might have to watch out for some private land over there.  If you can find the owners and they let you hunt that would be a bonus.  Good luck to you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal