Author Topic: grinding burger  (Read 9984 times)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: grinding burger
« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2013, 04:46:55 PM »
after years of having someone else process my deer , I cut up a doe myself. Did pretty good on time for the 1st effort....thanks youtube. In the past I would have either pork or beef fat mixed into the grind. On this deer I used bacon. Anyone else ever do that ?   Just wondering if it is OK .  I will find out soon enough....I ate the tenderloins for lunch yesterday,  tonight is backstraps for dinner    :)   then I will try the burger....Seems to me bacon would work,   I mean,   what doesn't taste better with bacon right ?  Appreciate any thoughts,   thanks
  I always grind mine with the Maple bacon this year going to try Hickory em em em good  :P keep putting 2 slabs bacon while someone keeps
putting the meat in the grinder than grind it the 2nd time to mix it together even more or you could add more bacon during this process own preference
can't stand eating just ground venison But I love it this way  :P :P :P  Try it you won't be disappointed ....

Offline fatman

• 6 Pointer
  • Always Expect The Unexpected
« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2013, 04:48:56 AM »
This is what I do.    I take 5lbs Vension grind add 1 cup diced peppers, 1 cup diced onion, 3tbs salt, 3tbs pepper, 3 tbs onion powder, 3tbs garlic powder and mix well together.  Then I take and run the mixture through my grinder (Apha MC5) again with a small plate to conceal the onions and peppers.  This way my kids do not notice them.  The moisture from the veggies keeps the burger moist and taste great.  I have stored these for over 1 year (food Saver) and they still taste great.
No matter how big a deer is. You can only put a little piece on your fork at a time.

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2013, 01:18:32 PM »
I have been adding bacon to my burger for a few years now I just watch the local grocery store and buy the ends and pieces usually at a discounted price and are -for the most part- smokier in flavor.
Bad decisions make for good stories !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal