Hunting by Game/Technique > Deer Hunting
best store ammo for the hunter that doesn't re-load
(1/5) > >>
gunner:
Please  any advice :  I know that many might suggest getting a different caliber rifle ----but that is not an option.  I have a 243 that I will be using this deer season.  I don't re-load, so I've been shooting the Remington  100gr bullets.  They have been grouping very well for me.  Does anyone have a preference for a better store bought hunting shell ????   Thanks  Gunner
oneshott:
If it is grouping well, I wouldn't fix it.  I always get Federal.  If you've found one that groups well and accurate, I wouldn't change.
Green Mountian Hunter:

I Have 2 a  BAR and the BPR  They both are 243 's I tyred the Remington's didn't like them , Switched the federal premium's 100 gr.
   What a difference they made ; If you are getting nice and tight groups sounds like it's a nice round for that gun stick with it  Good luck  ;D

gunner:
Thanks guys, I might try the Federals just to see how they work....Not to get another thread going but have you guys had success with the 243 on deer and if so where did you place your shot ???  Thanks again and to anyone else that can give some advise.  Gunner
TallywackahME:
coreloss bullets will do the job on perfecly placed shots. marginal shots with the 243  and ANY cup and core bullet is a crap shoot. might be okay or it might be disaster. i shot lots of deer with a 243 when i was a little kid and all died after a short death run. some were with coreliss ammo but when dad started loading premium bullets in that cal for me there was a huge difference in on game performance. these days u can buy factory ammo loaded with those bullets. iff i were you, no question in my mind i would be hurling either a barnes tsx/ttsx or my favorite, the nosler partition.  its lights out.

BP
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version