Hunting by Game/Technique > Deer Hunting
Can we please chat about scents?
<< < (2/2)
Thestanimal:
I have been cutting the tarsals out of the does i shoot.  When i hunt I drag em' and then hanging about chest high.  I'll usually stick them back in the freezer when I'm done so i get a few uses out of them.  Nothing better than the real thing.
ms.hick:
I have luck with Tinks 69, I put it on a few cotton balls and place them in some of the trees where I hunt.  It seems to work.
SWEDE:
Taken a lot of deer and have bit on a lot of products, the biggest disappointment's and the waste of most money came from scents. Grunts and Can Calls put 40% of the meat on the pole, letting em come down the trails do the rest.
buckblaster:
Seems to be hit or miss with scents. I've had a few does come in to tinks 69 after I've used a drag. I've watched them follow my exact path right up to where I hung it. The biggest draw I've seen is with scent drippers. You can pick up the combo at walmart or any sport store. Golden estrous comes with it. I like to put my trail camera up right where I made a mock scrape with the dripper. I've gotten some pretty cool pics doing this.
fishnmachine:

--- Quote from: ms.hick on Sep 07, 2013, 04:27:58 PM ---I have luck with Tinks 69, I put it on a few cotton balls and place them in some of the trees where I hunt.  It seems to work.

--- End quote ---
X2    I once put some on a bandana tied around my boot and killed a buck with his nose to the ground following in my footsteps.  ;D
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version