Author Topic: Best shotgun for a youth?  (Read 5919 times)

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: Best shotgun for a youth?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2006, 02:16:29 PM »
I read once that (I don't know if all) youth guns can have the stock changed to an adult size when the gun gets too small. so you can save money by buying him a gauge he can use for the rest of his life, then maybe he has a boy one day and he can slap the youth stock on and give it to his son (then he will just have to buy himself a new shotgun,  ;D life is ruff sometimes ;D)

Or, you can keep that 20ga (that you don't really grow out of..it's a good gun) and he can pass it on to his boy or girl or wife or whatever  ;D
Adam

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2006, 02:46:12 PM »
When I was looking, one of the manufacturers makes a shotgun with interchangeable pieces for the but plate.  Cool idea, and the gun grows with the child.  As far as a 12 vs 20, my 12 year old weighs in at a whopping 85 pounds and can shoot the 12 gauge without a problem, but he needs a rest.  The gun's too long for him to shoot freehand.  He complained more about the 20 gauge kick.

Offline brian d

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2006, 02:46:36 PM »
Last week I picked up a old ithica 20ga pump for my daughter.
She was a little to scared to shoot it on the weekend, but after next weeks duck hunt we'll try again.
She is still only 80 pounds so it is a little big on her.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal