Author Topic: Reloading  (Read 4835 times)

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
Reloading
« on: Aug 17, 2004, 08:37:09 AM »
How many of us reload? What are your favorite cartridges/calibers to reload?

RG

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
Re: Reloading
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2004, 10:19:54 AM »
Reload for sure. But I only reload shotshells. Have a MEC 9000 G six stage reloader.

Jon

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
  • Harvesting the Old Doe's is sound management !!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2004, 11:28:39 AM »
  Does anyone know of a publication that will help out a reloading challenged/crippled individual.  I really want to get the optimum performance out of the 22-250.  Which reminds me I should drop it off to you before heading overseas, maybe it would be done in time for me to pick it up during a "Therapy Session" at the Bayside clinic 

Steve

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2004, 07:09:19 PM »
Steve, All of the major bullet manufacturers have reloading manuals. I'd suggest the Hornady books first, then collect them all. Speer, Nosler, Barnes, Sierra...they all have great information.

I'm happy to help with any questions you may have.

As far as equipment is concerned, I'm RCBS all the way for rifle and pistol.

RG

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2004, 06:50:53 AM »
RG,
Thanks, I'll look up their web site and see what options they have for a press and such.  Any reccomendation will be appreciated. 

Steve

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2004, 08:47:02 PM »
What calibers are you going to reload for?

I use the tried and true RCBS Rock Chucker  single tsage press with both standard and competition dies for my varmint  and target loads.

You're stepping into a very serious addiction here...you thing Ice jigs are bad :P

RG

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2004, 10:11:15 AM »
Stepping  ??? ??? 8)  I'm ready to jump in with both feet and abandon all caution to the winds.  Serious though, I'm looking mainly in the 22-250 cal.  And I need to talk with you about the work we talked about earlier for my rifle.  Its a Ruger 12BVSS 22-250.  I'm running out of time to drop it off.  Any inputs as always will be appreciated. ;D

Steve

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2004, 05:51:56 PM »
Steve,
I hate to say this but we're already booked well past December with custom work. With the fall gun shows and deer season coming up fast you may want to wait till after the first of the year.

Your 22-250 will be a whole different gun with reloads in the chamber. Why not start there? The Rock Chucker Supreme is the perfect press for your caliber and many more. Do yourself a favor from the start and buy RCBS competition dies. They are among the very best out there.

If you need help getting a wish list together I can post the necessities for you.
RG

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2004, 08:28:23 PM »
RG, If you don't mind posting the info that would be great.  That way anyone else can get an idea of the things needed.  I honestly don't know squat  :-\ about this so any and all inputs will be greatly, as always, appreciated.

Just to clear the air a minute, let everyone understand  that this info is for me.  Any advice that RG gives me is just that.  I don't want this to get into a heated debate on what is "Better" we can start another thread for that.  Bob, if you want me to, I can just sent you my checkbook  ;D ;D

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2004, 08:05:57 AM »
Steve,
Send $1 to Homer Simpson, 123 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield?

I'll work up a list or good starter equip for rifle reloading.
RG

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2004, 08:13:42 AM »
Ummm Bob,  ??? I need the zip code  ;D ;D

Steve

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2004, 05:25:09 PM »
Steve,
I posted the list......Better hang on to that checkbook for right now ;D
RG

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal