Author Topic: RG..Help a poor ignorant fool!  (Read 2398 times)

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
RG..Help a poor ignorant fool!
« on: Sep 10, 2004, 07:40:26 PM »
Ok RG , I thought that might get your attention.

My question to you is ......

I have a semi-auto .22 LR.  It's a Mossberg 152k. I believe it is 1954? I don't see a serial #.

The problem is when you pull the trigger it will shoot TWICE. It probably needs a good cleaning. Do you think that is all it needs? What else could cause it? Trigger assembly? Firing pin?

The next question I have is how to go about removing the tigger assembly and bolt. I've stripped my pump shotguns, no problem.
Being a semi, I am intimidated. Afraid to ruin this gun. It is in extremely good shape otherwise. It has a 15 shot clip and I can drive nails with it at 150 yards.
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
Re: RG..Help a poor ignorant fool!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2004, 05:05:41 AM »
Doesn't sound too ignorant or foolish to me....usually it goes like this..." I took this apart and now I can't.........."

I'll write you some instructions when I get home from work today.
RG

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2004, 06:16:26 AM »
You are the best RG. Thank you.

I don't know if I ever read where your shop is?
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2004, 03:35:07 PM »
Venisonman,
 I tried to dig up a schematic for your 152 but to no avail...so here goes....from memory :P
-remove the stock (be careful of the trigger guard they break easy)
-TAKE SOME PICTURES or make some drawings showing the relationship of the parts
-remove the trigger group...should be a couple of screws holding it in place leave it in one piece as much as possible for now
-unscrew the breechplug and remove the striker, springs and hammer
-remove the bolt handle...depending on the age it may need to be rotated 90 degrees or so to remove it from the bolt
-slide the bolt out
- remove the pin from the bolt that retains the firing pin
-remove the firing pin

I don't recall how the extractor is designed on this one...haven't seen one in a while. Removal should be obvious, if not post a pic and I'll tell you how to take it out. It may be the same pin that retains the firing puin and there may be a spring under the extractor.

There's a couple of things that could cause a double tap on this type of gun...most likely it's a combination of lead, wax, oil and spent powder. 22's are dirty bullets.

When you're cleaning make sure you get all the debris from  around the breech face and in the extractor/ejector pockets. This build up can inhibit the bolt from traveling to a full forward position and can cause misfires or doubles.

If you get confused post some pics and I'll help you through it.

The hammer is captured by the trigger assembly each time the action cycles so be sure to inspect the mating parts for wear.

Make careful drawings if you disassemble the trigger group. They're not complex but they need to go back together again ;)

I'm around if you get stuck.

Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal