Author Topic: Masss SHOTGUN SEASON OPENING MONDAY!!!!!!!!  (Read 2754 times)

Offline trying to get my first

• 6 Pointer
Masss SHOTGUN SEASON OPENING MONDAY!!!!!!!!
« on: Nov 21, 2007, 05:37:53 PM »
OK who is ready for it!!!!!! i sure am...maybe i will get my first deer

Offline buschlight15

• Nubbie
Re: Masss SHOTGUN SEASON OPENING MONDAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2007, 05:53:59 PM »
I'll still be bow hunting because where i hunt is bow only.  saw 4 deer this year so far no shots.

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »
Good luck bud, I hope you score on a big one!  Big or small, the first deer is always the most memorable.  :)

-Zach

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2007, 10:15:58 AM »
Good luck to you on your opener. It has been a very good season here in Michigan. A lot of really nice bucks have been taken and people around here are beginning to switch gears to start shooting does.
Again, good luck and be safe!

NBG

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »
went out today for  2 hrs before it became dark...saw nothing...but i saw deer in the same spot i was in today yesterday..what do u think it was raining all day and was misting when i was out..were they bedding?

Offline northwoodsaddict

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2007, 06:49:26 AM »
most likely, try going for a real slow walk on the edge of thick swamps or swales on days like that
IceShanty=brookiebomber477

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2007, 09:27:48 AM »
I have almost always seen the biggest bucks being active in that type of weather (as long as it's not extremely windy). I think the deer in your area were probably active but were in a different corridor than the one you were in. Stay on them! The Michigan regular firearm season is winding down right now but I saw an awesome buck about 400 yards out which is  just beyond range (for my comfort) two nights ago. From that range I could easily see antlers before picking up the binoculars. And then we had extreme wind yesterday. We have a muzzel loader season coming up so that buck could still be a possibility.
If your firearm season just started I would guess the rut is in full swing so more than likely the bigger bucks have the hot does pinned down in the thickets and won't let them out of their sight. I watched an interesting documentary about that recently about this and shortly after that (and a few days before the opener of our firearms opener) we watched a shooter buck in the cut cornfield next to our house that acted exactly that way. He had kept that doe within 10 yards of him all day. She would stand up every now and then just cowering, and only move a few feet at a time and lay right back down unless she was willing to stand for him to do his thing which was always over really fast (I can relate!).

NBG
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2007, 07:58:16 AM by Lobes »

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2007, 07:58:36 PM »
Went out on sat...didnt see one.. :'( :'( :'( :'(....always next weekend

Offline MasterAngler

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2007, 11:15:42 PM »
I would have to agree with lobes about the bucks having the does pinned down.  The first week-mid 2nd week of rifle season around here (MB Can.) was when they were keeping does close and nothing was moving much.  But by the 3rd week of the season deer were on the move.  Bucks were travelling, lookin again.  At all times of the day too.  Seen lots of deer moving mid-day after the peak of the rut.  Got my big buck at 2:30 pm.   Next weekend for you would definately be a time when you will want to stay out all day if you can.

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2007, 09:07:33 AM »
well looks like this season is another failure but ill keep trying to get my first deer

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2007, 08:06:02 PM »
Good Luck and be grateful that you have the opportunity to go.  My season is over till next year.  Look out geese because you are next.  Make sure you have a camera with you for the monster !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal