Author Topic: Connecticut Hill WMA  (Read 11936 times)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Connecticut Hill WMA
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »
Davem...Owego...are you with lockhead?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Online 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
Sure 30-30..... I'm 50 yrs old and hale from VT.  With a lifetime of family and connections much of my hunting takes place there still   I moved to the Owego, NY area 11 years ago with my wife and 2 kids.  The move to NY was for work where much of my careerand much of the past 10 yrs has pulled me away from developing local hunting spots.  It's been easier just to return to VT in order to hunt with family on lands I know. 

Well, my daughter is now 16 and i've spent the past year beginning to hunt more locally in order to expose her to the enjoyment of the sport.  She shot her first Boar a while back and now we've begun to look for areas to hunt small game (ie. coyote), thus the reason for my earlier post to any local enthusiasts.

Hope that helps a bit.  Thanks for asking.

Dave
             There are plenty of places to hunt out there, it might take a little scouting & thee are always guys here that are willing to help new hunters to the site.

Offline Davem

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »
No huntny.....though i know a few people at LM.... i worked for pipe mfgr for 15 yrs.  the work took me up and down the east coast quite a bit.  I've been with a volutary agency for the past 5 yrs working with people with developmental disabilities.  Applying my mfg'g experience in a new/different direction now.  Little more time with family too... :)

Davem...Owego...are you with lockhead?

Offline Davem

• Forked
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »
Yes, thx 30-30.  Good advice. 

I have pulled the topo maps off the DEC site.  Will plan to get up there and root around a bit later this week.  Gonna be warming up a bit so it may be sloppy.  :-(

May try the Danby Forest too but it's a bit smaller i c.

thx
Dave

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:34:26 PM »
There is really good hunting in the newfield state forest...hunted all around that area for a lot of years...not very many hunters on the state land or the ajoining county land tracts...There are plenty of coyotes and if you deer hunt there is opportunity to see some nice antlers...!
John Wayne

Offline Davem

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »
great huntny.  I'm looking forward to it. 

Getting the feel for this site.  I c you're in Mexico.  I spent a few great summers fishing out of Dawie Dale (sp?) campground.  My fishing buddy and i had a camper and boat.  Nice place.  Caught some nice fish.  Then i moved to NY and barely wet a line anymore.  ugh...

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:41:10 PM »
great huntny.  I'm looking forward to it. 

Getting the feel for this site.  I c you're in Mexico.  I spent a few great summers fishing out of Dawie Dale (sp?) campground.  My fishing buddy and i had a camper and boat.  Nice place.  Caught some nice fish.  Then i moved to NY and barely wet a line anymore.  ugh...

Ha ha small world...I am good friends with the the daughter and her husband from dowie dale, and Cheeks, my buddy had a camp down there the last few years...I hunt about .5 miles from there and grew up about a mile in the other direction in Little Texas...
John Wayne

Offline DaveNY

• Fawn
« Reply #22 on: Sep 10, 2017, 04:10:19 AM »
Conn Hill is a great place to hunt, has a lot of game of all kinds, including coyotes. A great place to hunt small game a very good for grouse in the right areas. It is some tough terrain in certain areas but many great deer have been taken there if your willing to put in the scouting time etc to get them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal