Author Topic: Deer #3 - Daughter's 2008 Deer  (Read 2312 times)

Offline FishN4Eyes

• 6 Pointer
Deer #3 - Daughter's 2008 Deer
« on: Nov 11, 2008, 10:21:50 AM »

Daughter's whitetail buck shot with little sister in tow last Saturday

The whole gang, ready to drag

Half way back, break time!

Offline FishN4Eyes

• 6 Pointer
Re: Deer #3 - Daughter's 2008 Deer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2008, 05:16:31 PM »
Congrats on the hunt!! Looks like everyone is happy ;D See any shooters for dad?

Any luck getting her on an elk yet?

I've gotten out a grand total of twice this season, it's killin me!! I have my oral qualifying exam tomorrow and then hopefully I'll be able to get out a little.

No shooters for Dad yet.

She is currently refusing to shoot a cow, which we could have shot about 50 of those Sunday.   We had one bull in front of us at about 175 yards but he would not stop walking.   Probably watched him walk for about 200 yards and I couldn't believe he wouldn't stop.   Wind was blowing so I don't think he could hear me cow calling and I tried whistling but nothing worked.

I tell you what, I would have given my left you-know-what for a cow when I was 14.   She wants to out-do Dad this year and she's putting a little pressure on the guide to produce.

Deer hunt was a blast though, took my youngest daughter with us on the sneak and she was lying right by her sister when she shot so she was very excited.    The youngest was pleading with me to keep them out of school and elk hunt Monday but Mom put the big kibosh on that one.   I think I might have another hunting partner on my hands!

Good luck on your exam and hope you get out soon!

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2008, 10:18:22 PM »
Very nice 4 eyes. Voice of experience.........keep them freinds now and you will have life long friends. I LOVE to hunt with my kids!!! Congrats on the hunt also.

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2008, 11:35:13 AM »
Congrats to your daughter 4 eyes,  My boys are 12 & 7 and are inseparable. My youngest gets really mad when I take my 12 year old out hunting because he doesn't get to go until next year. I can't wait until they get to hunt together. They already shoot together in the back yard with me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal