Author Topic: A really grumpy Old Man (turned Panel beater)  (Read 3199 times)

Offline Dave H

• Nubbie
A really grumpy Old Man (turned Panel beater)
« on: Dec 14, 2005, 06:27:41 AM »
I've just recently gone into Semi retirement from being a Pro shooter for over 35yrs ! In this time I have accounted for well over 100,000 Roos .Not a bad score! Last night driving home from our nearest Town & the inevetable happened after all these years! :'( A bloody Great Roo jumped out in front of the car & totaled the Front Left hand Fender & Headlight ! >:(!!!! Now it was only a matter of time before this happened  but the thing is it was the Wifes Car that I was driving at the time :o I swear it's going to take a lot of Panel beating & more sadly about the next 50yrs to live this down with the Bride ! I suppose when she stops panel beating me I'll fix the car

Dave

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: A really grumpy Old Man (turned Panel beater)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2005, 06:50:06 AM »
Wow that is ironic. What did you do with the Roo you hit? Here if we hit a deer we usually keep it and eat it because if it does that much damage to us we would at least like to get our money's worth of meat out of it. ;D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Dave H

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:33:29 AM »
No I just moved it to the side of the road (after kicking it& abusing it & all of it's kin ) They tend to bruse up fairly easily! Even as a species for human consumption we have to shoot them in the neck .This is because if a head shot is taken & the brain is hit in the right place ,they do a Back flip which breaks the tails & bruises the meat in the rump thereby rendering a lot of the meat useless!

Dave

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2005, 10:18:42 PM »
Ok, your talking about a kangaroo?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal