Author Topic: Cat breeding/rut season  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
Cat breeding/rut season
« on: Mar 23, 2010, 01:24:24 PM »
Off topic has no start new topic category for me,post it here cause I might get grumpy in 8 weeks anyway!!! ;D

Alright here we go if anyone can help????People drop stray cats off here all the time,and ive been feeding 1 all winter (female and dumped in the middle of winter),and its at my door daily for its food.Have no clue if Spayed and it took off for 3 days (hoped it was hit by a car and had a fast painless death),is it breeding/rut season for cats now,because if I even think its having kittens its GONE.......... ???

I already got an abandoned male stray thats now my house pet,and I aint paying stray cat vet bills!!!!She's lucky that I covered her food bill for the winter.......... ;D

• 8 Pointer
Re: Cat breeding/rut season
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2010, 01:27:20 PM »
By the way I am a dog not a cat person,just cant see suffering....If he was male he could of been my outdoor cat!!!!! 8)

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »
There isn't a "breeding season" for cats.Whenever the female comes into heat I guess you could say the rut is on.We get barn cats around all the time.Only takes a couple weeks after a set of kittens they can have another set.
icefishinman88 on the shanty

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2010, 02:48:08 PM »
There isn't a "breeding season" for cats.Whenever the female comes into heat I guess you could say the rut is on.We get barn cats around all the time.Only takes a couple weeks after a set of kittens they can have another set.

Thanks,any idea why she took off for 3 days...... ??? My male cat didn't seem interested in her,but hes an old Tom-Cat that lived well past his 9 lives IMO!!!Ears are even collapsed from a lost fight last year,maybe he is not in the breeding population anymore...... :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal