Author Topic: saw first deer of the season! ,,,5!!  (Read 3156 times)

Offline trying to get my first

• 6 Pointer
saw first deer of the season! ,,,5!!
« on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:10:36 PM »
Got in the stand at  6am... 7 50am roles around... i look up 60 yards out i see a deer!! then another!! i watch them fo al il bit feeding..does...not spooked at all. lots of brush in the way their heads were down. So i stand up. im 20 feet in the air. Then 20 seconds later THEY BOLTTTTT not one not two not three but four deer run. There must have been another deer in the thicket that  i didnt see see me. I then say dang day is blown... look up 10 min later... in the SAME spot as the does where another deer all by itself. bigger than the does didnt see a rack but i think it was a buck. He didnt know i was there and just walked slowely in the direcetion the does ran.. soooo close yet so far. wind was blowing the other way to so no way they smeleld me

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Spiked
Re: saw first deer of the season! ,,,5!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »
it was a buck,chasing the does so they were running around.keep at it they will be back

Offline capedeer/fish

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2010, 09:30:48 AM »
Exactly...... any does that have not been bred yet will go into estrous again, 1 month after 1st estrous.

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2010, 10:34:26 AM »
so you think the does didnt know i was there and they were bolting because of the buck coming up on them!

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »
did the doe's blow.the way you explained is they winded the buck and was ready for em.i would go back to that spot in a heart beat.

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »
ya wind was blowing away from them. i tested wind by my breath lol. but ya they seemed relaxed no big deal saw 2 feeding in thick stuff kinda. i stood up sllowwwlyyyy and 20 seconds later they bolted tails in the air. they didnt snort or anything. they only ran for only like 4 seconds then they stopped. 10 min later there was a deer in the SAME spot as does smelling or sometihng and he just walked slowly in the direction the does ran. he / she had no idea i was there

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
ya wind was blowing away from them. i tested wind by my breath lol. but ya they seemed relaxed no big deal saw 2 feeding in thick stuff kinda. i stood up sllowwwlyyyy and 20 seconds later they bolted tails in the air. they didnt snort or anything. they only ran for only like 4 seconds then they stopped. 10 min later there was a deer in the SAME spot as does smelling or sometihng and he just walked slowly in the direction the does ran. he / she had no idea i was there
yea your weren't busted they new the buck was coming.GET BACK IN THERE !!!

Offline castnblast

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2010, 05:24:18 PM »
yea your weren't busted they new the buck was coming.GET BACK IN THERE !!!
I agree, I'll bet if you could have seen that deer better it would have had head gear.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal