Author Topic: New Gun  (Read 12339 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: New Gun
« Reply #45 on: Aug 16, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »
Mookster, switch to a bolt action, problems disappear and they are more accurate.

Peddler  ;D

I like your style 8)
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline scalloper

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #46 on: Aug 16, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
Best thing you could do with that bar,Chuckie, is sell it to someone for a boat anchor! ;D If I remember right the last time you shot with me and lyle it wouldnt hit the broadside of a barn standing inside it! ;) Or maybe that was just your shooting! :o
I had a model 4 .270 and shot great loved that gun but it jammed so I sold it. I bought a BAR 7mm in 1995 and it never jammed but after the first shot it would spray the shots. I fought with it for years then a year ago I sold it and bought a TC Venture in 7mm very accurate.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012, 05:39:00 PM by scalloper »

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #47 on: Aug 26, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »
ive always shot bolts and never had any problems w/ them. one time my remingtons action was froze solid from stitting in freezing rain all day. was totally coated w/ ice. came out of the woods and a 4pt. stepped out on the woods road 75yrds. away dropped him w/ 1 shot. bolt was a little stiff but it chambered flawlessly. get a bolt. less moving parts to screw up and easy to maintain. cheaper pricewise too. and i can work my bolt as fast as a semi can chamber. once you hunt w/ it long enough you get good w/ it. cant beat the accuracy of a bolt either.

Offline cjg

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #48 on: Aug 30, 2012, 12:47:50 AM »
and i can work my bolt as fast as a semi can chamber.

Now that's funny  ;D

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #49 on: Sep 01, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »
Now that's funny  ;D
i shot a spike that busted out of the brush 40ft. in front of me in a dead run. first shot went thru the front chest and clipped a artey but didnt put him down. second shot was 5ft. in front of me blew out his shoulder as he piled up and died 10ft. past me. was so close i just lined up the barrel and fired. this deer was on a dead bolt run. if you dont believe me ask my buddy that was 20ft. behind me. he couldnt believe it either

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #50 on: Sep 01, 2012, 10:29:43 AM »
that sounds like there was some excitment for a few seconds! no doubt a good man w/ a bolt can shoot repeat shots prety quick. my father carries a 700 that was built by kelly meggison thats been cutsomized for him in '06. nothing real special,just had the butt stock cut down 3/4" along w/ some of the fat taken out of the fore end andistol grip. the barrel has been cut to 18.5". glass bedded, timney trigger and it wear iron sights. it def his favorite tracking gun and he def can shoot it BUT to say a bolt can be shot as fast as a semi can cycle i think is stretching it a bit.

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #51 on: Sep 04, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »
ok maybe im stretching it a little but im not far behind one. ive got alot of time in on the running deer at the turkey shoots up here. i have the same gun w/ a timney trigger. thats the only mod. on mine and mines synthetic stainless.  not a great brush gun as its a 7mm mag. and kind of heavy., but she shoots long and far very accuratly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal